3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 9:48 AM by A.T. Romano

Menu titles in Premiere 13

Rose 3 Level 1

I upgraded from Premiere 11 to 13 because the cartoony menu titles were no help to me but they look the same in 13.

• 1. Re: Menu titles in Premiere 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Rose 3

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

Do you have the full content download for these menus? Have you attempted to customize the existing Movie Menu themes in the Movie Menu customization area of the program? What do you mean by cartoony menu titles - menu titles have editable text so you should be able to customize titles as well as other features of the theme. Please explain.

Your alternative are

1. Customize the Adobe themes in the opened project's Movie Menu customization area.

2. Customize the Adobe themes by editing their .psd files using Photoshop CS or Higher

3. Make your own Premiere Elements movie them in Photoshop CS or Higher according to Adobe requirement for doing this

4. Other

Please review and consider and then we can decide how we might assist you based on the details of your reply.

We are not Adobe. Rather user to user.

ATR

• 2. Re: Menu titles in Premiere 13
            Rose 3 Level 1

Thank you for your reply. I don't think I used the right terminology when I said "menu title". I am actually referring to the Menu theme backgrounds and title backgrounds. In the past I have customized my own Menu background and I do know how to customize the titles. I was just hoping the new version would offer more and different choices but they are exactly the same with no additions.

Also, usually when you "upgrade" or "update" a program it usually just adds to the original program but this upgrade came as a whole new version. I had some trouble downloading so I wasn't sure if this is how it was supposed to work.

Thank you, again.

• 3. Re: Menu titles in Premiere 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Rose 3

Thanks for the reply.

For all intents and purposes the Content for Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1 are the same.

With regard to the history on Adobe movie menus that come with 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13/1....

In the Premiere Elements 13 First Look ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 13 First Look Details I wrote

Movie Menu.  2 New Themes and Some Unexplained Duplication In Kid's Corner Category.

In Premiere Elements 13 there are 14 major Movie Menu categories. The major categories and the number of themes in each category are Kid's Corner (12), Entertainment (6), General (10), Happy Birthday (3), Holiday and Events (9), Memories (5), Movie Genre (6), New Baby (5), Pets (2), Slideshows (2), Sports (6), and Weddings (2). Except for Kid's Corner category, all is as it is in version 12

• same number of major categories, 14
              • same themes requiring Content download to complete incomplete theme folder content
              • Slideshow/Pan and Zoom coming with the install, ready to use

However, the Kid's Corner category is not yet fully understood. Kid's Corner in version 12 has 5 themes whereas Kid's corner in version 13 tryout has 12. Yet there are only 2 new themes in version 13, Recital and Back to School. Further, 4 of these 12 themes require Content download; whereas 8 do not. Those 8 include the 2 new themes. To be sorted out when a purchased version of 13 is evaluated.

As it turned out in the purchased version of 13, Kid's Corner has only 5 themes, Toy Train, Flower Girl, Night Time Story, Kids Channel, and Kid's Room.

In the Premiere Elements 12 First Look ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 12 First Look Details I wrote

Movie Menu. No Change.

Premiere Elements 11 and 12 Movie Menu choices are the same, with 1 menu coming with program install and the rest requiring Content download from within the program in order to complete the incomplete theme folder assets. All the Expert Movie Menu choices are available in Quick. Movie Menu is accessed from the Action Bar Menu at the top of the workspace.

There are 14 major Movie Menu categories with a total of 73 menus. The Movie Menu categories and the number of themes in each category are Entertainment (6), General (10), Happy Birthday (3), Holiday and Events (9), Kid's Corner (5), Memories (5), Movie Genre (6), New Baby (5), Pets (2), Seasons (5), Slideshows (2), Sports (6), Travel (7), and Wedding (2).

What version of Premiere Elements did you have before. There was a marked change in the workspaces for versions later than 10. Premiere Elements.

Update is a word that targets Adobe pricing - user gets a lesser price if he/she can show proof of purchase for earlier version. In the sense of getting new features when moving to another standalone version, then best check the "What's New" marketing information. There may be new features added as well as removed from the new version.

Removed features and unsupported file formats | Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Please let me know if you need further information or clarification on what I have already written.

Thank you.

ATR