• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video slow, jumpy since Flash player upgrade to 18

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System: HP Pavilion 2.16 GHz AMD Ratheon, I Gb RAM, 128 Mb on video card, Windows XP sp3, Firefox 38, Flash Player 18 ActiveX and 18 NPAP 18.0.0.194.

Since upgrading from earlier version of Flash Player, the videos on YouTube and other sites are slow, not fluid, and freeze for long periods. Audio is good and continues to play. It is more pronounced in full screen mode where the video will freeze for 10 to 30 seconds. Hardware acceleration is 'Off'. What is the best earlier version of Flash Player for my system?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is the issue reproducible on other browsers as well?

Please share a site link for which the issue occurs.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same results on IE. Chrome will not let me install its latest version - either because I'm running XP or because the cpu is too ancient, I forget which.

The problem occurs with most videos but, for the sake of this discussion, let's say any YouTube video e.g.any vlogs from Baron Von Grumble and the like.

I should add that the speed test for download speed is always over 20Mbps (cable modem). Download speed is not the problem.

Since first posting I uninstalled Flash 18 and then installed an earlier version (v11). I then found out that many sites (YouTube included), would then not run the videos because my Flash Player was out of date. I'm now back to Flash 18.

Thanks for you interest and your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing a similar issue, although I am using Windows 7 Pro with an SSD.  It is reproducible in IE, Firefox, and Chrome.  I downgraded to Flash Player 16 (obtained from the developer testing download page) and the performance is back to normal.  I am having issues viewing videos on YouTube, CBS, and Comedy Central with the Flash Player 18 version.  I don't think the problem is specific to any one site--the performance is very poor across the board.  In fact, in Chrome, I set my browser to disable the flash plugin by default to improve performance.  I only run the plugin when I need flash to view the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is not reproducible at our end with Flash Player 18.0.0.209.

could you please try installing latest flash player version 18.0.0.209 and check if you still face the issue.

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had this issue for a long time with flash. It happens when flash runs on the pepper flash dll -- ppapi I think it is.

In the past this could be remedied in Chrome by disabling pepper flash. But now it is an all or nothing proposition.

In Opera, my other regular browser, one could run the older less secure versions. But again -- we are now forced to use the latest version even if we have no personal security fears.

I suspect systems which have excellent GPU cards and multi-core processors do not see the problem. But for those who have integrated or older graphics and single core processors or or running on basic spec netbooks or tablets it is going to make many flash streams a real annoyance to watch -- choppy video and muddled sound due to the CPU being maxed out.

Those who are experiencing the problem should check their cpu load -- it's  probably near 100 percent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines