1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2007 7:58 PM by Nick Barling

Retaining overstate in Fireworks 8 generated Pop-Up Menu

Nick Barling Level 1
      Hi all,

Some of you may be aware of the small JavaScript changes that you can make to the Fireworks generated code when building a Pop-Up menu that allows the overstate of the active frame image to be retained when mousing over a pop-up item.

I have used this code successfully with menu items that all gererate a pop-up menu. However, when modifying the code (basically, cutting the function MM_swapImageRestore(); from the html page and placing it in the js file) when I have one or more menu item that don't spawn pop-up sub menus the non-pop-up spawning menu item upsets the code behavior.

On mousing from a pop-up spawning menu item directly onto a non-pop-up spawning menu item the pop-up spawning item retains its overstate fram image and does not carryout the swapImageRestore(); function.

Does anyone know the JavaScript code adjustments that are necessary to allow the mixing of pop-up and non-pop-up spawning menu items that allow the frame image overstate to be preserved when mousing onto a spawned pop-up menu?

Thank you for any comments or suggestions.

PS I don't need other pop-up menu suggestions as I am concentrating on solving this specific issue with this post.

Nick Barling