• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

manage add ons in IE states flash player enabled. websites state flash player either not installed or not enabled

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 8.1 with IE 11. Flash player just stopped working one day. I don't know if I deleted something or what happened. I tried to go back to an early restore point, but that did not fix the problem. I tried to uninstall flash player, but was not able to because it is integrated in IE. when I go to manage add ons in IE it shows flash player is enabled. when I go to websites, they state flash player either isn't installed or isn't enabled. I need some help. school has started and I am taking an online class that requires flash player. could anyone help me...please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robertw45169605‌,

Can you Please refer - Enable for Internet Explorer Page to ensure that Flash Player settings are in sync.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Manage add-ons for IE shows that I have shockwave flash object. It shows the publisher as “not available”. Status is enabled and the architecture is 32-bit and 64-bit. Websites are still flashing a note on the bottom of my screen “This webpage wants to run the following add-on: ‘Adobe Flash Player’ from ‘Microsoft Windows Third Party Application Component…”

So even though it shows flash player is enabled, it is not working or webpages are not recognizing it. Also, I seem to be having the same problem with Chrome and Firefox. They also show that I have Flash player enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi robertw45169605‌,

Do you have any 3rd party application/ anti-virus installed which blocks Flash Content from running on your system. If Yes, then Please either add Flash as Trusted Software to that application/antivirus.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines