1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 10:10 PM by Rahul S.

Folders Created in LR mobile after sync

robertdejesus05

I'm looking for help in getting rid of those folders created by lightroom mobile from pics that sync from my phone to lightroom. They are named a random sequence name ie, 8889ahhjwjj927729. I moved pictures out of the folder and there is no remove option to get rid of the folder. The annoying part of this folder is that a folder is created every time that LR mobile syncs and finds new pictures, so a new folder is created for the new found pics. Any ideas on how to get rid of those auto-created folders?

• 1. Re: Folders Created in LR mobile after sync
          Rahul S. Level 1

> I moved pictures out of the folder and there is no remove option to get rid of the folder. The annoying part of this folder is that a folder is created every time that LR mobile syncs and finds new pictures, so a new folder is created for the new found pics.

You are not supposed to move the photos out cause that is how Lightroom Desktop tracks those photos synced from LR Mobile, only those imported from mobile devices show up there. Since you are removing/moving it, LR Desktop is resyncing all the missing photos again. Why do you want to move out the photos? Will a copy not work? I am trying to understand what is it you were trying to do.

>no remove option to get rid of the folder

You should not do it from explorer directly but if you wanted to remove it you have to open the folders panel in LR Desktop and do it from there. Recommend this only if you want to permanently remove some stale entries of no longer used devices or folders. This results in assets being decoupled/deleted from the cloud and the next time you delete the folder from explorer nothing will reappear. This is permanent DELETION, so take care.

If you use a device to import more photos from LR Mobile, it will auto-create such a folder(for every unique device) on the desktop side, this is how syncing is being managed.

Regards,

Rahul (Lightroom Team)