• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 6/6 Plus Slow Motion 240fps Cinematic Camera .MOV clips do not play in slow motion in Premiere Pro - Need Help

Advocate ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there is an understanding that needs to be in place before accomplishing slow motion in Premiere Pro. I have clips that play in slow motion on the iPhone 6 just fine but when I open them in Premiere Pro 2015 CC they play as normal videos without slo motion. Can someone help me understand how to import and then get these clips to play properly in Premiere Pro?

TIA,

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

1. Try importing them as always

2. Select the clip at the project window / right click / modify / interpret footage

3. select your working frame rate (i.e 25fps)( instead of the file's frame rate )

4. drag the clip back to the sequence

hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Try importing them as always

2. Select the clip at the project window / right click / modify / interpret footage

3. select your working frame rate (i.e 25fps)( instead of the file's frame rate )

4. drag the clip back to the sequence

hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You so much Thanos_Kamaretsos. This is an amazing insight to me and I need to contemplate what is really happening here but I can see that the footage is shot at 240 frames per second and then played at that same recorded speed is going to be just a very high frame rate but at normal speed. When I changed it to 29.97 fps then it played back at roughly one tenth of the recorded speed so much slower than it was recorded and at still a very smooth motion. I am very grateful for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then it played back at roughly one tenth of the recorded speed so much slower than it was recorded and at still a very smooth motion. I am very grateful for your reply.

Thanks much Thanasis!!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You re very welcome....!

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 7:46 AM, Kevin-Monahan <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I have a similar problem. I have footage which is almost all in slow motion (50fps), my sequence is set to 25fps and it will be exported as 25fps. So if I put the 50fps clips into the 25fps timeline I get the same length of the timeline as when I put that 50fps footage into a 50fps timeline. Is this normal? On both timelines the clips don`t play in slow motion.

I always thought the only thing I need to do while editing slow motion footage is to put it into a timeline with lower fps, so 50fps clips into 25fps timeline. Is this the official workflow for working with slow motion clips, to change the fps to lower rate, in my case 25fps, per interpret footage? If it is so, so how can I know after that which clips were in slow motion and which are in real time if they both in 25fps now? Of course I don`t want to change their names, because I have to deliver them later to color grading. This workflow seems no to be the most efficient. Or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super helpful, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines