2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 5:53 AM by Nraco Wolf

How do you arrange strokes?

Nraco Wolf

Hello, I just started using Adobe Flash Pro CS6 for animating and I have run into a bit of an issue.
      Gyazo - e988c18c129d9fa4e2cf8aa90e239409.png

On this screen shot you see my purple wavy strokes that go over the darker blue stroke, I want the purple ones to go under the larger stroke but no matter what I do they always stay on the top of the layer
      I have tried multiple forms of copy pasting strokes but no matter what I do the purple stays on top
      The arrange tab in modify doesn't even work for this.

If it makes a difference, the purple strokes were places by putting them in a layer above, cutting them and then 'paste in place'

How do I set it so that the strokes go below the larger stroke?

• 1. Re: How do you arrange strokes?
          Nipun Asthana Adobe Employee

Nraco Wolf wrote:

If it makes a difference, the purple strokes were places by putting them in a layer above, cutting them and then 'paste in place'

How do I set it so that the strokes go below the larger stroke?

As you said, you are drawing on a new layer (on top), the content on higher layer will always appear on top.

Firstly, you should draw on the same layer, and then you should try the 'Paint Fills' or 'Paint behind' options of the brush tool as desired. Using these settings the new strokes can be drawn behind the existing ones.

capture.png

• 2. Re: How do you arrange strokes?
            Nraco Wolf Level 1

Not exactly, I was working on a layer above the other, then I cut out the content of the layer and put it in the original layer, the reason for this is because I'm trying to use the pen tool as I prefer that tool. Is there no way to paste an item behind another item in the same layer, Or is the paint tool option the only way?