2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 3:36 PM by wobertc

How do I install Lightroom 6 from a disc I purchased without having to enter my adobe ID number?

atticus4317 Level 1

How do I install Lightroom 6 from a disc I purchased without having to enter my adobe ID number?  Here is my point, I bought Lightroom 6 for my iMac to use as a stand alone program.  I also had a creative cloud account through 500px website.  When I activated the new LR 6, Adobe made it connect to the cc.  When I asked in the forum why that was the case, I was told that that's just the way it is set up and that when my account with the cloud expires, I can use my registration number to have LR6 as a stand alone program. 

I bought a new LR6 disc for my macbook pro so I DO NOT have to be connected with Adobe cc.  Is there a way to activate my new LR6 without being forced into the cloud, or has Adobe gamed the system to force all buyers of LR6 into the cc if the lr6 is bought on-line or if it is purchased on disc?

Follow-on question, If I am forced into the cloud with the second purchased lr6 disc and I am not in an area where I have internet access, will lr6 be usable from my Macbook pro?