Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Mozilla Firefox on Windows 8.1, with Adobe Flash Player,

and I keep getting an error while loading a video:

"Video Unavailable

We are having trouble playing this video.

Learn More"

This happened only on Facebook. On YouTube the videos are loading fine. I tried every single solution Adobe and Mozilla are offering in both of their help centers, but nothing helps, the videos simply doesn't load on Mozilla Firefox. (On chrome and IE the videos are loading fine).

This happens on both of my computers, one is a brand new Laptop with good hardware, and the other is an older PC.

Everything is completely updated: Windows, Firefox, and Flash player.

And this issue also happens when I open Firefox in Safe-Mode (without add-ons  or extensions enabled).

Solutions I've tried without success:

https://www.facebook.com/help/www/396404120401278

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/no-video-display-flash-player.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_Solve_video_playback_issues

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/common-problems-flash-player.html

and more...

Thanks in advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

For anyone who faces the same issue, my problem was solved thanks to philipp from Mozilla support forum.

Thread link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1069607

Basically the problem was with K-lite codec pack.

Uninstalled it and restored the Tweak Tool default settings, and now it works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share the video URL for which the issue occurs.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika,

It happens in every video on Facebook (the ones on Facebook's servers, not YouTube links).

Some examples:

https://www.facebook.com/9gag/videos/10153698131531840/

https://www.facebook.com/coldplay/videos/10155563398050253/

https://www.facebook.com/imdb/videos/10153296093128949/

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its a flash player problem, please try following steps:

1. Use Flash Player Help to find out the flash player version that you are using.

2. If it displays not installed, click "Adobe Flash Player download" in step 2 and install the latest flash player.

3. Check version again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, as I mentioned above, I have all the components fully updated, and also I've tried every solution mentioned in the links I attached, so of-course I checked I have the last version of flash player, that's the first thing I did.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please Right click on the video and check if it shows Flash Player version(It will confirm whether the video is actually playing through Flash Player)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't show Flash Player menu.

If I right click right after I press play, it shows:

1.png

But right after that when the error I mentioned is shown, the right click looks like a normal web page right click:

2.png

Maybe Facebook is using a modified Flash player, I don't know exactly, but in their help page, they refer the problem to Adobe:

face.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it means that is not a Flash Player issue, as the video is not using Flash Player to play.

Have you enabled Flash Player in Firefox? Please follow below guide to enable Flash Player, and then play the video. When it plays, right click on the video and check if it shows Flash Player version.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-firefox.html

On Playing the video, if the video uses Flash content tio play it shows Flash Player version.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I know that on flash videos it should show flash menu on right click, and yes, my Flash Player is enabled on Firefox, and every other website is working fine.

As I mentioned above with a screen shot, the only reason I'm posting in Adobe forums is because Facebook is saying that it's "Adobe Flash" problem.

So you're saying Facebook videos is not really using Adobe Flash? so why did they wrote it on their help center?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the way, I just checked, and the problem happens on Twitter videos also, it says "The media could not be played."

so it means it's not Facebook fault probably. It's either Adobe Flash Player or Mozilla Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try below solutions and see if it works.

Keep your Firefox healthy with a quick checkup — Mozilla

Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems | Firefox Help

Let me know if you still face the issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been through all of the solutions you wrote, including another links they provided inside (recursively), and nothing solved it.

I completely uninstalled Flash Player, deleted all remaining files from System32 folder and registry, reinstalled, everything is enabled and fully updated.

Also tried to uncheck the "protected mode", to disable Hardware Acceleration, and to fully disable my ESET Smart Security antivirus and firewall.

1.PNG

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video is not a flash content video. So it is not a flash player issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please try disabling the add-ons .That can be done by :-

1)Open the firefox in safe mode (Click the menu button (3 horizontal lines on top right )and choose help(?) and then select Restart with Ads-on disabled ).

2)Firefox will start up with Firefox safe Mode dialog .

Try running the above mentioned Facebook URLs .

Please let us know if you still face the "Video Unavailable " issue .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as I mentioned above, I already tried that, and yes it happens in Safe-Mode without any extensions and addons enabled.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to contact Facebook, as this video is not a flash player video. So it is not a problem from flash player .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who faces the same issue, my problem was solved thanks to philipp from Mozilla support forum.

Thread link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1069607

Basically the problem was with K-lite codec pack.

Uninstalled it and restored the Tweak Tool default settings, and now it works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the EXACT same problem, and have been following this thread. Unfortunately this solution doesn't work for me, I don't have K Lite installed and not sure how to check for external codecs.

Can anyone help?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Mozilla support forum can help you out for this.

As this issue is not related to Flash Player, you can post your query on below thread:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1069607

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have read all these posts and have followed all the links but I still have been unable to solve this problem that started yesterday for me.  The facebook videos on firefox have no audio.  On Internet Explorer, when I play the video, I get a message saying "flash unavailable we are having trouble playing this video".  This cannot be simply a Mozilla issue, as the problem exists on Explorer as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines