4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2015 4:08 AM by jonbeth44

cc subscription

jonbeth44 Level 1

What does the CC subscription means and what happens to the PSD files if I decide to end the subscription?

• 1. Re: cc subscription
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

PSD files will remain. Whether you have a version of PS that can open them is another question. I'm not sure Adobe has changed the PSD format that much over the years. As long as the image is flattened most older versions of PS should be able to open them. Un-flatten I don't know.

I suggest you stop using PSD as a file format and start using TIF which can be read by many programs even if it contains PS layers.

• 2. Re: cc subscription
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

All of the work that you do on your images will remain in place. Lightroom will stop working, but your images belong to you. It will be your responsibility to find other software that will enable you to continue working with those images. Your images are not "in" Lightroom. They are in folders on your hard drive.

• 3. Re: cc subscription
              dj_paige Level 9

In addition the information above, Lightroom's Library Module will also continue to work (even after the subscription has ended) so you can still make use of the "organization" you created in the Library Module, and you can also export the edited photos from the Library Module, including any metadata in the exported photos if you wish. Any web pages or books you have created are also still accessible in Lightroom. The develop module and map module will not work after the subscription ends.

• 4. Re: cc subscription
                jonbeth44 Level 1

Thank you all I think I got the idea