4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2015 5:22 AM by dj_paige

CC upgrade

jonbeth44 Level 1

Why do I have to upgrade my catalog after every CC upgrade?

• 1. Re: CC upgrade
          BKKDon Level 4

Maybe there are changes in database structure to accommodate things like Facial Recognition etc. ?

It is a minor process

• 2. Re: CC upgrade
            dj_paige Level 9

If you are updating LR CC from version 2015 to 2015.1, you shouldn't have to upgrade the catalog.

If you are upgrading or updating to some other versions, maybe you do have to upgrade the catalog.

Please be specific, what version of Lightroom did you have, and what version of Lightroom have you updated to?

• 3. Re: CC upgrade
              jonbeth44 Level 1

I updated from Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 to Adobe Lightroom CC 2015

The names are inconsistent so it is very difficult to keep truck of the different versions - why?.

I get a message ' The Lightroom catalog named "aaa" cannot be opened because it is too new to be used by this version of Lightroom. Would you like to select a different Catalog?'

Each time there is an update the browsing is getting slower and slower.

• 4. Re: CC upgrade
                dj_paige Level 9

The names are inconsistent so it is very difficult to keep truck of the different versions - why?.

None of us here work for Adobe, we're just Lightroom users, like you. We can't tell you why Adobe does certain things, other than speculation.

I updated from Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 to Adobe Lightroom CC 2015

This change from major version to major version will cause your catalog to be upgraded.

I get a message ' The Lightroom catalog named "aaa" cannot be opened because it is too new to be used by this version of Lightroom. Would you like to select a different Catalog?'

You are trying to open the Lightroom CC catalog in Lightroom 5.7.1. This cannot be done. Lightroom CC catalogs can only be opened in Lightroom CC.

Each time there is an update the browsing is getting slower and slower.

Be specific. Exactly what Lightroom actions are slower?