3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2015 5:41 AM by A.T. Romano

Uninstall elements

jrwilkie50

I am selling an old computer and trying to uninstall Elements.  It keeps giving me an error message that account in use.  It also tells me to delete my registration key with adobe but I cannot find a way to do that.  Suggestions?

John

• 1. Re: Uninstall elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

John

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Before all else, open the program to the workspace and go to Help Menu/. You need to deactivate the program before uninstall. Deactivation and uninstall are not the same thing.

On Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit....

In Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and 13/13.1, it is Help Menu/Sign Out in order to deactivate the program.

In Premiere Elements 11, it is Help Menu/Deactivate in order to deactivate the program.

It is a good idea to do a free ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls/reinstalls.

If Windows computer...https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Then uninstall the program the usual Control Panel.

You might want to double to make sure that all the Adobe Files and Folders are gone. But, we can go over that once you say what version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system.

In case of any transfer of Adobe License in any of this, then please refer to

Transfer an Adobe product license

Any questions, please ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Uninstall elements
            jrwilkie50 Level 1

Thanks, solved my problem.

John

• 3. Re: Uninstall elements
              A.T. Romano Level 7

John

Thanks for the update with the great news of problem solved. Great job with the follow through.

Best wishes

ATR