5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 1:59 AM by Palm Equipment

CC Libraries Panel: NOT INTERESTED

KrisHunt Level 4

Is the CC Libraries panel really going to pop up every single time I create a paragraph style? I have no interest in using it, and I never want to see it again. Is there a way to keep it from popping up?

• 1. Re: CC Libraries Panel: NOT INTERESTED
          TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you create a paragraph style, in the New Paragraph Style window, bottom left, you'll see a checkbox about CC Libraries. Unchecking that should solve the problem!

• 2. Re: CC Libraries Panel: NOT INTERESTED
            jeromelieblich Level 1

Spent 20 minutes with the online Adobe chat agent. They had me try several things, none of which worked. The they told me that they checked their resources and that this panel cannot be disabled.

2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: CC Libraries Panel: NOT INTERESTED
              John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you create a paragraph style, in the New Paragraph Style window, bottom left, you'll see a checkbox about CC Libraries. Unchecking that should solve the problem!

Right.

And then do the same in the New Character Style and New Swatch dialogs. With all 3 of those un-checked, I get no pop-up, ever.

• 4. Re: CC Libraries Panel: NOT INTERESTED
                gregg4gia

I checked Helpful because I appreciate the knowledge, but I find Adobe's insistence on making any feature non-optional to be the exact opposite.

It's absolutely beyond me how forcing a user to constantly dismiss something they don't want is in any way helpful.

It's also mystifying that any developer could somehow think that forcing a user to repeatedly take an unnecessary step to be able to use their app they way they want to could possibly engender anything other than frustration with and ill will toward them.

I say this as someone who uses Adobe apps for several hours a day. I like the software. I'm grateful that they make it.

But please, Adobe, don't make decisions out of arrogance.

Developers, forum moderators, and any other Adobe employees: if you want to (but cannot) respond with, "It's not us; it's Marketing, it's Senior Management, etc.," then please forward this and the many, many other posts that say similar things to your colleagues.

Thanks to all for listening to a rant I suspect you're all too familiar with.

• 5. Re: CC Libraries Panel: NOT INTERESTED
                  Palm Equipment

Libraries CC is terrible. How do users persuade Adobe to drop this awful stuff? (And the templates wizard that now pops up in the new document pane.)

I used to use snippets and the old libraries method. If I wanted to share them across devices, I used a cloud drive.

Why do I have to turn off this junk for every facet and feature in all the apps separately Adobe? Only to have it pop back up like Clippy.

Regards, Peter