• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows XP and Firefox 38.0.5. I successfully downloaded, saved and opened the installation file. However, an attempt to run the installation file failed. The message returned: "Installation failed. Click "Finish" for further assistance." I referred to the Adobe help pages and checked the Firefox plug-in page, which told me the Flash Player version that was installed and provided a link to update. That link took me back to the start of the installation process, which failed again in the same way. I then uninstalled the existing Flash Player version, rebooted the computer and tried again with identical results. I then went to the Firefox "Check Your Plugins" page which says an old version is installed. The message is: "Adobe Flash Player RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In outdated 1.3.0.208". This version does not appear on the Windows Control Panel Add or Remove Programs list, so can't be uninstalled.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dickm23700402‌,

Can you please clean up your machine using our uninstaller, Please find the instructions and uninstaller at location - Uninstall Flash Player | Windows. Once complete with uninstaller use our offline installer for mozilla, you can find the installer at location - Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I temporarily disabled my antivirus program and successfully installed Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines