• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Suite CS3 Disks Replacement

Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem and I really need help.

I’m due to become a student at University this year where I shall be studying a Masters Degree in Applied Technologies (3D Rapid Prototyping). When I was studying my Bachelors Degree in Special Effects Design in 2007, I bought a copy of the Adobe Master Suite CS3.

The problem I have is the optical drive on my Mac has failed and no longer accepts disks (along with the delete key for some reason! And Apple now is unable to facilitate any repair due to it being too old.). At the same time I’ve had to change platforms back to PC due to the course I’m studying, but the disks I’ve bought are Mac mounted only.

I shall need Photoshop, After Effects and several other elements from the Master Suite over the course of my Masters Degree as my course involves 3Ds Max with 3D image manipulation. Is it possible to receive the PC version of these disks as copies? I’ve tried to download them from your website, but I’m experiencing nothing but problems with this.

I am a member of the Adobe community on your website which shows the date of my purchase of AMS C3 and am happy to provide any other proof of use and/or purchase if needed, I’m also happy to pay a small fee for the additional disks if I need; though I simply can’t afford the full price as I’m trying to build funds to pay my university costs…

I’m really quite desperate as I’m trying to prepare and get everything in place before my studies start so as to make the transition to full time study as smooth as possible: Giving me the best possibility of success.

Is there anything you could do to help me? I mean any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

‌Your CS3 Mac software cannot be swapped to Windows. It is too old and platform swap and upgrade windows are long closed.

Your best bet now would be to join the Adobe Cloud at student rates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Your CS3 Mac software cannot be swapped to Windows. It is too old and platform swap and upgrade windows are long closed.

Your best bet now would be to join the Adobe Cloud at student rates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately platform swaps are only supported for the most recent release CS version (currently CS6).  You might be able to find and take your chances with purchasing a Windows version thru some third party vendor.

In addition to John's suggestion:

An alternative you could consider in the meantime would be to make use of trial versions starting with CS3, each version lasting for a 30 day period until you run out of those.  ‘DDL’ Articles at ProDesignTools

Another alternative would be to sign up for a monthly subscription to the Creative Cloud.  It will cost you but at a monthly occurrence and you can stop whenever the need ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines