• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Download Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On opening almost every web page in Firefox browser since early this afternoon I get this message in a bar under the address bar at the top of the page:

- Firefox has prevented the outdated plugin “adobe flash” from running on www.xxxxx.com. Then two buttons marked “continue blocking” and “allow”

(Obviously the web address ww.xxxxx.com changes for each page I'm on)

This is on nearly every page I visit!! Including the one I'm on right now at this forum. Essentially Firefox has disabled Adobe Flash Player so I just need to install the update - however.... I can't install an update to get around this due to the problem below:

If click “allow” it asks to update plugin (fair enough) so then I download the update and when I run it I get a pop up on my pc saying:

“Adobe Download Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience”

I installed Adobe Flash using this install_flash_player.exe after someone said don’t use the download manager. No difference in the above problems.

I uninstalled the download manager too. No difference either.

So at the moment I have no way of installing an update, or getting Flash Payer to work.

I have uninstalled Adobe Flash Player, re installed it using install_flash_player.exe (for Firefox) and uninstalled Adobe Download Manager. Still same issues, no change whatsoever.

Ideas welcome!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi gazh74464350

Can you please clean up your machine using our uninstaller, Please find the instructions and uninstaller at location - Uninstall Flash Player | Windows. Once complete with uninstaller use our offline installer for mozilla, you can find the installer at location - Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines