1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 9:38 PM by Rick Gerard

Best way to make multiple lightning effects around a masked shape?

southwestform Level 1

I'd like to create multiple lightning style effects around a round shaped mask with a bit of a glow on the inside of the masked shape also.

1. I'm thinking of creating the lightning effects by use the Advanced lightning effect and just creating multiple instances of it keyframed around the round masked shape? Is there another way of doing this? I will need enough separate lightning effects to radiate around the entire round shape.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Best way to make multiple lightning effects around a masked shape?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can copy a mask path by creating a single keyframe and copying that then add a null to the timeline and enable the position property and set a single keyframe. Then you paste and the null will now travel around the null. You could duplicate the null several times and attach it to the start and end points of your lightning effect using an expression and then just offset the timing of the nulls. There's no reason to set a bunch of keyframes for these end points and attach them to the mask path by hand.