1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 2:27 PM by Chetna Srivastava

I want to make Lightroom my primary library

ashleyj68860753

I have a Mac but I cannot stand the new Photos library. I don't want to use it, I just want to use Lightroom. Is there a way to make my primary library show up as Lightroom and not Photos. I want to do this so when creating albums on Facebook or choosing images from Pinterest, I can pull the images from the LR library and not the Photos library. I also want Lightroom to be the application that opens up when I plug in my camera.

Is there a way to do this?

• 1. Re: I want to make Lightroom my primary library
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

In order to set Lightroom as the default program when you plugin camera, you need to go under Lightroom Preferences > General > check the option "Show import dialog box when memory card is inserted"

Photos App overwrites this setting, so you need to disable the auto import setting for Photos App by following these steps :

1. Connect the iPhone, camera, SD card, etc to the Mac and let Photos app launch itself as usual
          2. Under the “Import” tab of Photos app, look in the upper left corner to find the device name.
          3. Uncheck the option that says “Open Photos for this device”  and close Photos.

Lightroom will launch from next time when you will plugin your camera.

Also, if you are willing to transfer the images from Photos to Lightroom, then you need to export the images from Photos App and import them into Lightroom. Here is the article for the same :

http://www.imore.com/how-use-external-editor-photos-os-x