• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does imported audio occasionally drop from some slides during playback?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CP8 file with 95 slides. Everything works fine in CP8. However, when I play the published files, certain slides occasionally will not play the audio. About 2/3 of them have imported audio.

I have cleared browser cache (IE11 and Chrome), rebooted before publishing. Sometimes it's the same slides that fail, and sometimes it will be different ones. This changes from one "publishing" to the next, without any changes to the files - just re-publishing.

Chrome is my default browser, but I generally get better playback using IE. This is not acceptable performance, and I have to get this released in 2 days.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you cleared the Captivate Project Cache via the Clear Cache button found in the Preferences dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried delaying the slide audio for 0.5-1.0 seconds on the timeline? I know that I've run into issues where some audio is cut off when viewing published output if I have the audio starting at 0.0 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem recently and discovered that items on the slide were paused and this also paused the audio. Maybe check to see if those slides have pauses too early?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources