• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would like to set up CS5 on a second computer. Is this possible?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to set up CS5 on a second computer. Is this possible? I typically work from an iMac and will be traveling briefly and taking a Macbook Air along to work from. I was under the impression that I could have the product installed on two computers, but during the installation process on the Macbook Air, it tells me that the serial number is not valid. (I took the serial number directly from my Adobe ID account.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

If your CS5 is an upgrade, you will need both the CS5 upgrade serial number and the serial number of the version you upgraded from in order to install it.

You can contact our support folks a the link belowt:  (be sure to log in to adobe.com with your Adobe ID first)

Serial number and activation support

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Landotuc,

You can install and activate (purchased) perpetual software two computers of  the  same type (mac or pc), as long as you only use  it on one at a time. (lightroom is the exception as it is a multi platform product, so it can be installed on pc and mac platforms)

It is a good practice to deactivate software on a computer where it will no longer be used, especially before giving away or selling the computer, or reformatting the hard disk. Please see this link:  how to deactivate software.  This frees up  one activation so  you have the option to install the software on another computer at any time.

To load the software on another computer , download and install it as you did on the first computer. Then enter your serial number to activate it.  You can download CS5 from here:  CS5

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pattie,

I've already downloaded the software, and tried to install it. As I mentioned, I entered the serial number during the installation process and was told the number was invalid for the product. I downloaded CS5 in 2012 and this would only be the second computer I have installed CS5 on. Can you explain why the product won't allow this installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Creative Suite

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned, I looked through the info on the link, but my issue remains. I originally pulled my serial number directly from my Adobe ID account, so that part shouldn't be an issue. When I upgraded to CS5 in 2012, the only option for installation was through a digital download (as opposed to installing via a physical cd) so there shouldn't be a difference in the installation/serial number type. Unless the serial number is somehow connected to the previous version (CS2), no longer installed. I don't see how this could be the case, since the only product and associated serial number listed in my Adobe ID account under Plans & Products is my current version (Adobe Creative Suite Design Standard - Version CS5.5).

I really need a clear fix for this. I currently only have one computer installed with my CS5 software (my desktop) and I would like to install on a second (my laptop) for working remotely. I'm going to be traveling soon and need to figure this out quickly. As it stands, I am still informed that the serial number is not valid. Is there ANY way to address this issue? Is there someone I can speak to directly at Adobe to help with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mentioned CS5.5.  Are you confusing CS5 with CS5.5?  They are entirely separate versions from each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your CS5 is an upgrade, you will need both the CS5 upgrade serial number and the serial number of the version you upgraded from in order to install it.

You can contact our support folks a the link belowt:  (be sure to log in to adobe.com with your Adobe ID first)

Serial number and activation support

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines