8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 10:50 PM by Todd_Kopriva

worst choice of after effects 2015

lilok25310035

why the f**k would adobe take out ram preview!!! i cant preview a song im trying to sync. it keeps breaking in the song. i cant just deal with it anymore. im trying to join 50k team and i cant edit with after effects anymore. cc 2014 worked fine until u ruined it. you could have just made a seperate application for it. i also lost all my custom presets,plugins, and all my downloads. i am dissapointed in adobe. fix this ASAP

• 1. Re: worst choice of after effects 2015
          imeilfx Adobe Community Professional

If you don't like decisions that Adobe made with 2015 release of CC, you always can still use AE CC 2014 or if you don't have it - install it next to AE CC 2015 that you already have. Remember that being a CC subscriber you can use any software from CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015 and use any of those.

• 2. Re: worst choice of after effects 2015
            Peter J Kovacs Level 2

I lost some plugins and presets but figured how how to get them back...

I found some plugins and scripts leftover in the old C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2014\Support Files\ folder and just manually copied them over into the 2015 folder. Be careful because there might be newer versions already installed in the 2015 folder (ie. MAXON CINEWARE AE) so don't copy those over as it could break the plugin.

Custom presets should be located in your user documents folder under \Adobe\After Effects CC 2015\User Presets. Check if maybe they're still in a 2014 folder.

• 3. Re: worst choice of after effects 2015
              imeilfx Adobe Community Professional

Peter and lilok25310035 and that is the reason why you shouldn't instal nevest versions or instal them and left old ones also - and that is not because Adobes fault but because of 3 th party plugins compatibilty. No one sais that you have to uninstall anything. of course wyth nevest version of CC Adobe changed how CC app updates aplications but it is not mandatory to remove old version of software. More on what was changed here: Creative Cloud Help | Update apps to Creative Cloud 2015

• 4. Re: worst choice of after effects 2015
                Peter J Kovacs Level 2

Well, either way it's kind of a bummer that when a new major release of After Effects comes out, it doesn't migrate any plugins or scripts from the previous version.

It'd be nice during the setup to give us an option to migrate stuff from the previous version... at our own risk of course.

• 5. Re: worst choice of after effects 2015
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you read the info on the update thoroughly you would have seen that there was an option to keep previous versions and that many plug-ins are not compatible with the new architecture. Most of the major 3rd party developers have released 2015 versions. Just dragging or copying plug-ins from the 2014 folder to the 2015 folder isn't going to do it in most cases. I never update any software from anybody without reading up and in some cases waiting. Updating without an update preflight makes as much sense as jumping into an airplane right after an annual inspection and heading to the runway without doing the normal preflight inspection things like checking to see if you have any gas int he plane. True story, when Boeing demonstrated the B17 to the army in WW2, after all the army brass and tech advisors walked around the plane the pilots just climbed in, started her up and took to the sky without any preflight. The control locks had been installed by the ground crew so when the plane left the ground it was unable to climb or turn. It crashed just past the end of the runway.... Preflight your updates and save your self the embarrassment of standing next to a smoking pile of rubble that used to be the project you were to deliver tomorrow.

• 6. Re: worst choice of after effects 2015
                    davidc12461037

I don't know anybody who likes the new preview system.

I hit the spacebar and I was in full res on a 4k composition.  I lost half an hour trying to stop it previewing.

Adobe has really messed up with this needless change.

• 7. Re: worst choice of after effects 2015
                      yale3d

not to mention they successfully f**ked up audio preview as well - great job... :-/

• 8. Re: worst choice of after effects 2015
                        Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update is available, which fixes several issues regarding previews: http://adobe.ly/1Il5JYe