17 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2015 11:09 AM by A.T. Romano

Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open

michaelb91400418

Repeated crashes now will not open . Have tried restarting computer

• 1. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
          A.T. Romano Level 7

michaelb

What version of Premiere Elements, and what computer operating system is it running?

Is this a "it worked before but not now" issue or "it never worked before" issue?

Any error message(s) with the crashes and/or general problems?

What will not open

a. your saved closed project only

or

b. any new or old project?

Did you produce your burn to DVD successfully before the problem set in?

What did you do - a burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc?

Some basic questions would be -

a. does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

b. do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements, and are you running the programs as administrator?

c. is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

d. lots more when you give us more details starting with program version and computer in use.

Please consider and supply details. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
            michaelb91400418 Level 1

Dear AT Romano,

Thank you for your response.  Will try to reply

I am not that numerate with a computer however have been making DVD`s for some years

I am using Windows Vister and Premier Elements 12 moved over from  PE3

Having  successfully burned a test DVD to re-edit I found that on reburne it keeps showing Transcom error. to which I can not find the fault.?

On canceling the program crashes resulting in having to reboot the computer and trying some times to re-open Premier Elements. This has now resulted in the program locking completely. Propose Uninstalling and Installing PE12

Over all PE3 is simple to deal with than PE12

Thanks again its good to get some help.

Mike

• 3. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Thanks for the reply.

Have you updated your Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

Your Premiere Elements 12/12.1 is going to be a 32 bit application running on your Windows Vista computer (whether the Vista is 32 or 64 bit). This factor has computer resource issues for the large projects. Are you doing the burn to DVD for DVD-VIDEO or AVCHD?

Do these burn to DVD have menus? If so,

a. inspect the Timeline markers to make sure that they are not too close to one another

b. inspect the Movie Menu customization area to make sure that there are no red frames around the buttons on the main menu page or the scene selection page...overlapping buttons can be a problem...solution is to reposition the buttons so that they do not overlap as indicated by the red frame. Make sure that there is no stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline.

Also,

Open all the tracks....

Expand the Timeline with the -+slider above the Expert workspace Timeline, and look for leftovers (thin vertical black lines scattered about the tracks...could be slivers from deleted clips or whole clips that got pushed to the right of the intended Timeline content and got forgotten about. Press the computer keyboard End key, and note where the Timeline Indicator stops. If beyond the end of the intended Timeline content, then inspect the area where the Timeline Indicator has stopped. Look for gaps between clips. Do you have the Timeline Snap feature enabled (right click in the Timeline and have check mark next to Snap option in the menu that appears).

Please consider the above, and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                michaelb91400418 Level 1

ATR  thanks for tips .

I have tried most of them and intend to try again after weekend away.

The original project was too large for one DVD. and after editing to two parts, have burned one and trying to burn the other have run into trouble.

The project was to film a Power Point Presentation with some Video (Windows 321) and many Jpeg`s. The Video keeps going off line in the Media Downloader box.

Have edited with split screen with Presenter top left and screen when moving video. Have not used Markers or Menu.

Will try your suggestions after rest.

Regards,

Mike

• 5. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Thanks for the follow ups. Looking forward to the rest of your results.

With larger project and Premiere Elements as a 32 bit application, level of computer resources looms as an important matter.

If this a factor in your case, you might gain some advantage in optimizing your computer

a. run free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - Download

b. managing pile ups of previews files in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder, conformed audio files in the Media Cache Files Folder, and also conformed video files best controlled from Edit Menu/Preferences/Media. See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and its Video Previews and Media Cache categories for the preview files and conformed audio files respectively.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                    michaelb91400418 Level 1

Hi ATR

Originally on this Project have burned DVD with the hole project near to the disk capacity this was OK

Now after edit into two DVD`s one will not burn.

I have expanded and cleaned time line for clutter, saved and have Rendered. The burn showsTranscoding Error and after canceling the prog crashes.

Have to close with Task manager and reboot . I then check if it has been saved ok then start again. Same thing happens.

Thought about converting wvm to mp4 to see if that makes a difference ?

Have not upgraded yet and do not understand all your instructions.

I am self taught 76 years of age. Engineer  with my own m/c shop

Thanks for your help.

Mike

• 7. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Thanks for the reply with more information about your Premiere Elements problem.

As I understand it, your issue is with just this one burn to disc for the second part of your two part disc presentation. When you go to Publish+Share/Disc/ are you selecting DVD or AVCHD. I have been assuming that your choice is DVD so that your end product will be DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. With this Timeline content that is having problems in the burn to DVD disc, when you are in the burn dialog before you hit burn, what does the Quality area of the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate?

If you went to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD with the burn to = Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB), can you get a successful burn to folder and end up with a saved folder containing OpenDVD Folder and VIDEO_TS Folder?

1. With regard to Timeline clutter...when you where finished with the cleanup and hit the computer keyboard End key, would the Timeline Indicator stop at the end of the last intended file on the Timeline?

2. You wrote

Have not upgraded yet and do not understand all your instructions.

What instructions did you not understand? Please point to them. One of them may be important to finding the solution. I will re-write or explain the instructions if necessary.

Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                        michaelb91400418 Level 1

ATR

Tried to update as you suggest. Reads up to date. Although had to update Quick time.

Quality area burn dialog reads .Fit to available space at lowest setting, Space required 2.79 GB (Bitrates 8.00 Mbps

Burn Disk DVD.

Remember have already burned the hole prog the first time. Size of each 8,543 KB Side 1.    7,639KB Side 2

With regards time line curser When pressing End Key which is I  think is top right above page up and next to home key.

The timeline Indicator dose not travel at all, it stays at the beginning.

Having triad so many times to burn this one track, have I  corrupted the file. . Each time the prog crashes, some of the wvm files go offline in the Project Assists  box

and have to load again.

Am getting  to feel that will cancel the thing and start again for the second time. which means finding a loading 150 items

Thanks again

Mike

• 9. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Thanks for the reply with further details.

The Timeline Indicator is the vertical red line with the blue head that moves from left to right when you hit the computer space bar or the play button under the Edit area monitor. When you hit the computer's End key, that Timeline Indicator should move to the end of the last item on the Timeline. You say it does not. Then there would seem to be more issues with this project than just the burn to.

Your space required and bitrate readings in the Quality area of the burn dialog look good.

Go to the File Menu/Save A Copy. Give the copy a new name. Can you open that copy and work from it successfully?

ATR

Add on...Have you tried the burn to folder? It might be one way to salvage this particular burn to. If the burn to folder works, then I will detail how to take that to disc with ImgBurn.

• 10. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                            michaelb91400418 Level 1

ATR

Have made copy to a new name,can work on it ok. 

When timeline Indicator is returned to text beginning by clicking to each picture back,  the picture closes

down and when played only sound plays.

Have saved to folder     and after 15 mins still  0% cancel then crashed.

After crashing using task manager, will not open,have to reboot.

Suggestion could I ring you at a prescribe time, it might be easer in baby language !!

getting a bit fed up.. Have made 20  interview DVD`s with no trouble.

Mike

• 11. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Sorry for the detail. Your latest reply disappeared in my email notifications.

I am not Adobe. Just a user of the program like yourself. So, I cannot offer service with remote control of computer troubleshooting or telephone contact as you might expect if you were working with Adobe online staff.

You wrote

Have made 20  interview DVD`s with no trouble.

and

When timeline Indicator is returned to text beginning by clicking to each picture back,  the picture closes

down and when played only sound plays.

All that suggests to me that you know the how to for burn to disc, but are dealing with a flawed project. Need to look to the Timeline structure for gaps, transition placements, titles placements, debris (leftovers), lots of still grossly oversized for the project settings, etc.

Have you attempted to start a new project and rebuild the project? If so, have you run into the Timeline problems that you have been dealing with in the current project?

Another consideration is....if you have 20 successful DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc already, what is different about this latest project Timeline content and that of the 20?

If you have the same problem in the current project and a new project, then another line of questions would be indicated, starting with

"Where are the scratch disks located and how much free space is at that location?" For that, see Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and look especially to the categories of Video Previews and Media Cache.

Right now....best to know if starting new project gets rid of the problem of the current project.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                                michaelb91400418 Level 1

ART

Thanks for reply, sorry for delay ,Grandchildren.

Have started and finished new program and burnt ok. Time line Indicator worked from home to end,

Must have a major bug in Side 1 Prog. as you suggest I may have overlapping problems in split screen mode.

I note an orange/red line just at the top of time line box,it starts at the end of the text credits and finishes at the end .

This applies to my corrupted side 1  and new prog.with no brakes

Now do note intend to uninstall PE12 and Re-install  unless advised.

Will have to start rebuilding side 1 from the start

Thanks again

Mike

• 13. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Thanks for the latest news on your project status.

I would not uninstall/reinstall the program at this time since you have been able to start and finished a new project successfully. Great job.

The flaw would seem to be in the 1/2 of the project that you decided to split into two projects. Whether or not we can find the flaw is questionable.

You could take the problem 1/2 and start removing files from it in groups or one by one until the remaining Timeline content burned to disc successfully. You could try that with the most likely files that might be corrupt. And, if it is taking more time than it is worth, I think it would be quicker to rebuild that problem 1/2.

Since you are using Premiere Elements as a 32 bit application and you are getting into larger projects, be on guard for pile ups of files that the program generates automatically in some of its activities.

Please let me know if the new project approach seems to be working out so that you can produce the end products that you want.

Best wishes

ATR

• 14. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                                    michaelb91400418 Level 1

ART

Thanks for your reply,

I mentioned in my last report about the red line at the top of time line, Is this important ?

Mike

• 15. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

The orange line above the Timeline content is the program telling you that you are not seeing the best possible preview of that Timeline content when it is played back in the Edit area monitor. This is just a preview matter. If you want the best possible preview, then you render by Timeline content by pressing the Enter key or Timeline Menu/Render Work Area. Timeline rendering is not going to fix things, but it is your window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later.

Is this important...

1. If you get an orange line over content when it is imported as the first drag to the Timeline, this would suggest that you do not have the correct project preset.

If you have mixed formats and the second one is dragged into the project set for the first format, it is normal to see that orange line.

2. And, even a rendered content becomes unrendered each time you edit it. That is normal. Then you Timeline render if you want the best possible preview.

Lots to be said about Timeline rendering. Please let me know if you are OK with the above. I can go further into the matter if needed.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                                        michaelb91400418 Level 1

ATR

Thanks for all your help.

Having burnt some new projects with now trouble.

I have decided to re-build Part One again. Perhaps will find the problem. It will take some time as I have other work to do.

Could I get touch again if in trouble.

Regards

Mike

• 17. Re: Having saved progrme and burned DVD.now will not open
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Thanks for the updates. Appreciated.

Looking forward to your further results as your schedule permits.

Please do not hesitate to post in this thread with additional questions or start a new thread as indicated by any new questions.

Best wishes

ATR