7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2015 8:17 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements Crashes whilst Exporting

MattyAB

Hey Everyone,

So I am trying to render a time lapse of agar.io, but it just crashes when I do export/share. I fill in all the info for the export then set it going, and it does not do anything, just stop responding, and eventually it says "Premiere has stopped responding". It is a 30 min long video trying to be rendered into 3 mins with my intro and music. I have tries restarting my computer and it just does the same. How can I stop this and get it to export properly?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements Crashes whilst Exporting
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mattyab

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What are you export details...export to file saved to the computer hard drive or a burn to disc (DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD disc, or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc)?

What is the format (properties + file extension) of this agar.io which appears to be a web browser game? And, how are you reducing the duration from 30 minutes to 3 minutes before exporting?

What have you (manually) or the project (automatically) set as the project preset to match the properties of this source file?

When you are play back the Timeline "agar.io" on the Timeline, do you have any problems in previewing it?

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements Crashes whilst Exporting
            MattyAB Level 1

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 64-bit

exporting to mp4 720p 30fps

the raw file is just a .mp4 recorded with OBS

I am using the time stretch going to 1000%

Sorry, don't understand that question.

on the preview it starts to render requires files, and then it does the same: stops responding and crashes

Thanks for the quick response,

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements Crashes whilst Exporting
              A.T. Romano Level 7

MattyAB

Thanks for the reply with additional information.

1. What I wanted to know was, when you play back your Timeline content while you are still in the Edit area, what does that play back look like....OK or are there problems/crashes with video or audio as you watch and listen to the playback in the Edit area monitor?

2. Does the 720p30 problem exist if your Time Stretch Speed % = 500% or 250% instead of 1000% for your fast motion effect?

3. As of the moment, is the problem confined to program crashes associated with export of the Time Stretch Timeline content export to

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD with Presets = MP4 720p30?

4. Do you know what video compression the OBS uses with its .mp4 export?

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements Crashes whilst Exporting
                MattyAB Level 1

When I try to preview the video in the edit area, it just says rendering required frames and stops responding again.

I cannot change the time stretch any more, the feature has been grayed out...

I have tried other settings with the export such as 1080p 30fps and it still does the same thing.

OBS uses x264 encoding - is this what you need?

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements Crashes whilst Exporting
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

MattyAB

Yesterday I did some exploration and experimentation related to your issue with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7 64 bit.

I used 2 different video formats as my source files - 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second as AVCHD.mp4 and 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second as MPEG2.mpg. Each video had a 30 minutes duration.

I could use Time Stretch Speed % = 1000 to change the clip duration from 30 minutes to 3 minutes.

I was always able to go back and change the Time Stretch Speed %. It was never grayed out for me.

No crashes in the Edit area. When I took those 3 minutes clips to export as AVCHD.mp4, the export time seemed long but the export went to a successful conclusion. No crashes.

The major glitch that I found in the process was the setting of the Time Stretch's Speed % = 1000. If I clicked in the Speed % field to type 1000 in the field, just the entry of 1 of the 1000 triggered the field to read -2.08 which resisted change. On the other hand, if I used the mouse cursor to slide the readout from original 100 to 1000, there was not problem. But, the readout at 1000 was found automatically changed to 999 when I reopened Time Stretch to change the Speed %.

At this point, I am suggesting that you open a new mini test run project with your 30 minutes clip on the Timeline. Right click the Timeline clip, select Time Stretch, and, in the Time Stretch dialog, type in the Speed % = 500. Then determine if the problem still exists now that the % is 500 instead of 1000. Do the same for Speed % = 999.

Please review and consider, and then we will decide what next based on the details of your reply. If we can rule out Time Stretch Speed % setting as the problem, then we can move to the properties of your source media. In my study, I could not find any difference in result whether I used a AVCHD.mp4 or MPEG2.mpg source 30 minute file.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Forgot to mention...no problems found trying to Timeline render the 30 minute clips after applying Time Stretch Speed % 1000.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements Crashes whilst Exporting
                    MattyAB Level 1

Okay, so I've managed to solve the problem. What I did, is I put the file into a blank project, exported that to an mp4, then put that back into the project, scaled down the time and exported that. This has worked appart from the fact that the footage is reversed. You can see the product here: Agar.io Bot Time Lapse - YouTube

Thanks for your help!

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements Crashes whilst Exporting
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

MattyAB

Thanks for the update.

I am not sure how you got your final export in reverse, but here are two possibilities which might be considered as both the cause and the way to reverse the footage if you want to salvage what you have.

1. When you said that you "scaled down the time", did you mean that you used Time Stretch's Speed % = 500 or something else? When you were in the Time Stretch dialog was there any chance that a check mark got placed in front of the option there of Reverse Speed?

2. Is there any chance that you applied fx Effects/Transform/Horizontal Flip to the video?

But, the fundamental question is "At any time before the final export (when you found yourself with a reverse video) was the video playback displaying in reverse And, please confirm "Was this reverse = the file playing back from end to beginning or rather the objects/people in the video moving in the opposite direction but the video nonetheless going from beginning to end?"

Thanks.

ATR