5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2015 9:37 AM by sinious

Why isn't my stage calibrated right?

andreag82292575

Everytime I try to draw, the line shoots off to another section of the canvas or off it entirely, the canvas always starts in the bottom right corner of the stage - I've tried reinstalling the program but the problem continues to persist, please help?

• 1. Re: Why isn't my stage calibrated right?
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

Can you elaborate a bit more on this problem? Is this actually a Canvas or a ActionScript 3 project? What tool are you using to draw and are you using a tablet (Wacom, etc)? What version of Flash are you using and what OS? A screenshot would help a great deal as well. The stage does have an anchor you can adjust via ActionScript but in CC2015 I find it grayed out for some odd reason or I'd say start there so unless you're doing it programmatically it should be top left. Make sure your snap settings are as expected as well.

• 2. Re: Why isn't my stage calibrated right?
            andreag82292575 Level 1

Hi! Thank you so much for responding!

I'm using the latest version of Flash CC on a Windows 8 computer, with a wacom tablet. The problem occurs in any project I try opening in Flash not just an ActionScript3. I've used both the brush and pencil tool and it does the same jumpy glitch or doesn't show up at all until I continue to draw - and when I do the lines show up completely off the canvas or in a complete different area of it.

Where can I find the anchor point adjustment? Or the snap settings (I'm a beginner with Flash but I'm very familiar with Adobe Photoshop CS6.

Thank you again! Also I would load up some screen shots of this issue but the add image doesn't seem to want to work for me.

• 3. Re: Why isn't my stage calibrated right?

After snooping around a bit it appears the CC 2015 has had a bit of a bumpy Wacom ride. I do see people mentioning going back to 2014 works fine however. Can you try installing Flash CC 2014 and seeing if your problem still persists? If not then it's well known that they had some initial problems if you search around the forums (others have posted screenshots themselves).

• 4. Re: Why isn't my stage calibrated right?
                Mukesh R Shah Adobe Employee

Hi All,

The issue related to Brush and pencil drawing in Flash Professional CC 2015 in dual monitor setup with Wacom devices has been fixed in the latest update. Please update it to Flash Professional CC 2015 v15.0.1.179.

Rgds,

Mukesh

• 5. Re: Why isn't my stage calibrated right?

If you're using dual monitors or the Wacom Cintiq, there's a chance that update will fix you:

Flash Professional Help | New features summary