2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 10:46 AM by irina maderych Adobe

Saving to a folder with slash "/" in its name reverts path to Documents folder every time

cclavo Level 1

Hi all,

I hope this is the best place where to ask this question, I'm not a frequent community user. I contacted Adobe support about this but they just sent me an email to confirm it was fixed which obviously is not until someone releases a fix for it… I'll try to explain the bug the best way possible.

I found a reproducible bug, it happens every time. When you export a file it works as it follows:

1. In Photoshop CC 2015, create or open a document and export it to a folder.
      2. If you export it again, the destination folder will be the same folder used in step 1.

When you export the file to a folder containing a slash, for example the folder "Works/documents", destination folder is changed to Documents folder:

1. In Photoshop CC 2015, create or open a document and export it to a folder whose name contains the character "/".
      2. If you export it again, the destination folder will not be the same folder used in step 1 but the user's Documents folder.

It is possible to reproduce and repeat this behaviour every time, and to fix it by deleting the slash from the folder name, so it will save again correctly in this same folder if it is selected as a destination folder. But as soon as you use the "/" it will default to Documents folder. It's worth mention I'm using the Mac version in the latest operating system, now Yosemite 10.10.4, I don't know if this happens also in other platforms.

I think the problem happens in Photoshop and is not a bug in the OS because I tested this with other applications, for example exporting a text document many times into a folder with/without a slash character and couldn't reproduce it.

• 1. Re: Saving to a folder with slash "/" in its name reverts path to Documents folder every time
          cclavo Level 1

I sent my inquiry to Adobe and they withdrawn the case stating that selecting a folder containing this characters is not available and has not been available since CS6, because the characters "\ /" are used in paths to files etc. BUT that is just not true because I can export files to any folder with those characters in any other application in OS X. Tis is not a feature but a BUG because in my operating system as I can export perfectly fine in other apps like Text Edit and the path will NOT be changed to my user's Documents folder.

So I will send it as a 'suggestion' as they told me.

I guess they have a long list of things to fix but I don't really appreciate the way they dismiss a customer with a problem that doesn't happen in other apps in the operating system, and because of that it is a bug, not something I came up with. I cannot reply to their email nor reopen the case as it's been withdrawn… Ok Adobe.

• 2. Re: Saving to a folder with slash "/" in its name reverts path to Documents folder every time
            irina maderych Adobe Adobe Employee

we tried this but I can't reproduce it (I am on latest Mac OS).

are you using Quick Export or Export As?

where your document is located?

what's the exact name of the folder, and full path?

you can contact me directly at imaderyc @ adobe.com (remove spaces)

thank you!