1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2006 6:38 PM by psykopath

applyFilter and colormatrix filters

psykopath Level 1
      I am using a colormatrixfilter and applyFilter() to fade out a bitmap. My CMF looks like this:
      1 0 0 0 0
      0 1 0 0 0
      0 0 1 0 0
      0 0 0 .9 0

This should slowly fade it out.
      When I 'Test movie' i see it slowly fade out. When I open the .swf file in the stand alone player (or in a browser) instead of fading by 90% each frame, it fades TO 90. I've tested it with other values and this is defintely what is happening.

This is occuring on a windows pc, flash 8 professional. Works alright through test movie, is buggy through stand alone player and browser plugins. On OSX 10.3.9 with flash 8 pro it works consistently through test movie, stand alone, and browser.

This on a stage size of 550x400. Thats also the size of 'grid_mc' which has an upper left registration point. But that shouldn't matter too much.
      This is the AS I'm using. All you need to test it is an instance named 'grid_mc'.

Can anyone suggest how to make it slowly fade out either by changing what I have, or a simpler way, as long as it still works with using it for a displacement map.
        • 1. Re: applyFilter and colormatrix filters
          psykopath Level 1
          It only seems to be affecting the browser plugin and stand alone player for windows incorrectly. Test movie, stand alone player, and browser plugin all work fine on OSX, and Test movie works on Windows.

It seems really strange that it works from test movie,and not stand alone. Maybe I should report it to Macromedia(Adobe, whatever).