5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2015 1:37 PM by A.T. Romano

Pop at end of Elements 13 Project

alane011

Hi, I am brand new and trying to figure out as I go.

- I am getting a loud pop at the end of my project file and a odd

freeze frame of the subject interviewed. If I play the clip by itself it is fine.

When I render/publish the pop and freeze frame both show up.

- I am also getting glitches in the published file that arent there

in the project file. Slight video freeze. I am rendering to my C drive ( I was

doing it to a portable hard drive but I realized that wasnt smart).

Thanks for the help

Andrew

• 1. Re: Pop at end of Elements 13 Project
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What are the properties of your source media including file extension? What are you or the project setting as the project preset to match the properties of those source media?

Equally important, what are the details of your export settings? Sounds like you are doing Timeline content export to a file saved to the computer hard drive.

What players have you used to view the export?

You wrote

- I am getting a loud pop at the end of my project file and a odd

freeze frame of the subject interviewed. If I play the clip by itself it is fine.

When I render/publish the pop and freeze frame both show up.

In your reply, please clarify...What player is involved when you write "If I play the clip by itself it is fine." Are you referring to the source file before import or playback of the Timeline content while you are still in the Edit area before export? Is this audio pop and freezing of video appearing before and after or only after export?

Please consider and supply more information.

If any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Pop at end of Elements 13 Project
            alane011 Level 1

Elements 13  - Windows 7 Home - AMD processor - 3 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM 64 Bit Op sys

source media are mp4s - I didnt touch the project settings - its showing 1920 by 1080.

I exported in a number of different options - Standard DVD as well as HDTV 720p 29.97 fps

using windows media player - but the pop and freeze are in Premiere so its not the player

"the clip by itself" is when I click inside the clip section and the mini screen pops up.

the pop and freeze is both in the software project as well in the resulting published file.

Thanks for your help

• 3. Re: Pop at end of Elements 13 Project
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew

Thanks for the additional important clarifying information.

Have we determined that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 13, are running the programs as administrator, and have updated 13 to 13.1 (see Help Menu/Updates)?

What is the frame size, frame rate (interlaced or progressive) of the .mp4 source media that you are importing into the project. The brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video might give us the properties information that we seek. If the flaws are presenting in the Edit area of the program, then we need to be sure of the project set up details which should match the properties of the source media.

Do these problems present even if all you do is import the .mp4 files into the project? If yes, what edits have you applied to the Timeline content before the problem shows up? Does this problem exist if you open a new project and/or use a different source of source media?

The flushing of the preferences often helps to resolve seemingly unexplainable problems. I am not sure we have enough information at this point to give it a try.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that is deleted. If that does not work, then the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists is deleted. You need to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, or Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

Let us see what we can put together to gain a solution to your issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Pop at end of Elements 13 Project
                alane011 Level 1

Thanks ATR -

I just created a new project and imported the same clip ( mp4) with the same project settings - it ends without a problem.

I just found the problem - the freeze frame was a file and somehow it was in there as a sliver at the end. I couldnt really

see it. To delete it I had to expand and then delete

sorry - I was messing with the freeze frame earlier yesterday and must have created that.

thanks for your help!

• 5. Re: Pop at end of Elements 13 Project
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

alane

Great job letting the new project success point you to the cause of the original problem project.

Always good news to learn that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Best wishes.

ATR