3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2015 8:26 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 Video Story Mode

Manuelv2011

Is there away to edit a Video Story project in "Expert" mode? I have the perfect Video Story set up but unfortunately the audio I have selected (mp3) for the project doesnt carry across through all the chapters. The mp3 audio starts from the beginning at each chapter. I am also having trouble with scaling a captured SD camcorder video to fill the screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Manny

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video Story Mode
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Manny

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system?

What is your SD video source ... SD 4:3 or Widescreen 16:9? The project preset should be established by you manually before the start of the Video Story feature.

Please review the following details on the Video Story feature.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2015/01/pe-13-video-story-media-considerations.html

Please open Premiere Elements Expert workspace, and set the project preset manually before you start the Video Story feature.

To set the project preset manually, please use the scheme

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
          • In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. OK out of there.
          • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.

Back in the Expert workspace after setting the project preset manually, then start the Video Story feature.

After you have done all that you can do in the Video Story feature's workspace, then use its Publish Story/Publish to Timeline option. The Video Story will appear in Premiere Elements Expert workspace. Open tracks and do your customization of the Timeline content.

Please review, consider, and then let us know if you have questions or need clarification on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video Story Mode
            Manuelv2011 Level 1

ATR,

Thank you for the help. Here is my PC setup:

AMD 8 Core Processor, 16 Gb Ram, 2x256Gb Samsung SSDs, Windows 8.1 x64

Premiere Elements Version 13.1

I used the "Publish to Timeline" which allowed me to use the Expert Mode to edit the story complete which also allowed scaling the 4:3 video from the camcorder.

All fixed now with your help!

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video Story Mode
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Manuelv2011

Thanks for the wonderful news that the suggested way worked for customizing your Video Story in the Premiere Elements Editor Expert workspace. Lots of details. Great job sorting through the details to get the end product that you sought.

Best wishes

ATR