2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2006 1:09 AM by Dave.Hollings

Combo Box data

Dave.Hollings
      Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me get my head round populating 3 combo boxes with XML. Background on what I am trying to accomplish. I have 3 combo boxes on my stage:

- carmake_cb
      - carmodel_cb
      - cartype _cb

carmake_cb is the only populated and active / visible combo box. The user selects a car make for the list which can be manual typed in as there will only be three car types (for example, Audi, BMW and Ford).

carmodel_cb will should be invisible or inactive until the user makes their selection. Depending on the selected car make from carmake_cb should determine what models get be loaded from an xml file. (For example Golf)

cartype_cb should again be invisible or inactive until the user makes their second selection. Depending on the selected model from carmodel_cb should determine what model types get loaded from an xml file. (For example GTI Edition 30)

Can someone please help with this issue, I would be extremely pleased if I could get this working before christmas.
        • 1. Re: Combo Box data
          Marghoob Suleman Level 1
          Hi Dave,

See the attach code. and one thing i want to ask... are these name you've pasted from your flash code...
          - carmake_cb
          - carmodel_cb
          - cartype _cb

if yes, please the have a look at the name of your "cartype _cb". There is a space between "cartype" and "_cb" .

• 2. Re: Combo Box data
            Dave.Hollings Level 1
            Marghoob,

Thanks for the email I think the space was just a typeo. Any idea of what the XML sheet would look like this is the main issue I having is writting the XML file and then getting the ActionScript code to call it.

I appreicate your assistance.