• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I get a request code to activate Acrobat 7 on a new computer?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to install an old, original version of Acrobat 7 onto a newer computer, and it opens then asks to connect to the internet to activate itself.  The online activation apparently is unavailable (I'm thinking Adobe shut it off for a 10 yr. old version of Acrobat), so I found out I could activate it offline by generating a Response Code to enter into Acrobat.  However, in order to get the Response Code, it tells me to enter the product serial number (no problem, I still have the original packaging, disc, and s/n), and the product's Request Code (problem, I don't know where to find this).  I've chatted with Adobe and they said they can't help, I should try Forums.  Does anyone have any idea how to determine the Request Code for this product?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

That link is outdated.

It's for activating the software on machines which have no internet.

The Acrobat 7 activation server was shut down by Adobe several years ago.

The link below provides a download (and a new serial number) for a non-activation version of Acrobat 7 for Windows only:

Download Acrobat 7 and CS2 products

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gene ,

Please refer to the given link : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-offline-activation.html

Offline Activation

Hope it helps.

Regards

Anushri Attre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That link is outdated.

It's for activating the software on machines which have no internet.

The Acrobat 7 activation server was shut down by Adobe several years ago.

The link below provides a download (and a new serial number) for a non-activation version of Acrobat 7 for Windows only:

Download Acrobat 7 and CS2 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines