• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install, gray application does nothing

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am trying to update to Flash Version 18.0.0.194 as Firefox 39.0 is nagging me to do so.  When I download the installer and click it, a gray application appears but there are no buttons and no text on it.  It says Adobe Download Manager in the blue top border, and the rest is a gray gradient.  The only thing possible to do is to use the X at top right to exit or _ to minimize.  Exiting causes the installer file to delete itself. 

I am on Win 7 64-bit on a Dell desktop.  I have tried rebooting and exiting Firefox.  I have tried moving the installer files to different directories.  I wonder if someone can help.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Grab the Uninstaller here:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Run it; it will uninstall ALL flash player versions!

Next try installing the files at the bottom of this page one by one; these are the offline installers

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

If that does not work, then try this here:

Can't install updates

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grab the Uninstaller here:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Run it; it will uninstall ALL flash player versions!

Next try installing the files at the bottom of this page one by one; these are the offline installers

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

If that does not work, then try this here:

Can't install updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the bottom of the page file works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh look, an arbitrary workaround for tech problems. I wonder when we'll stop needing these. Hopefully before flying cars and colonies on the moon. Or maybe we should just shoot all software developers to the moon until such a time arrives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it seems Flash needs to be updated again, but I still can't see the buttons on the latest installer.  Do you have any idea what is wrong with my computer?  I assume most people can see the buttons (I can see them on another computer) but they cannot be seen here.  I have run my anti-virus as a precaution.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines