3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2015 7:46 PM by A.T. Romano

all video files are lost after saving publishing. when i reopen the file, all video is lost

AngryPeacock

any help regardingthis issue?

• 1. Re: all video files are lost after saving publishing. when i reopen the file, all video is lost
          A.T. Romano Level 7

AngryPeacock

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements, and are you running the programs as administrator?

Were you running the project with the AutoSave feature enabled in Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoSave/

From where did you lose video files after the saving and publishing? What file did you reopen and found the video lost?

a. Missing Timeline video when you reopened the saved close project file that generated the export?

If so, instead of the video files did you get a bunch of "Where is the file _______?" messages?

b. When you opened the export for playback with a player, there was not video in the playback? If this is the case, was the audio there?

c. Other

Please give the details for

a. properties of source media

b. project preset

c. export settings

If there is anything above that is not clear, please let me know where it is not, and I will clarify, rewriting if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: all video files are lost after saving publishing. when i reopen the file, all video is lost
            AngryPeacock Level 1

Thanks for the quick response. Deleting Old Film worked. Thanks again. The

problem that I am having now is that when I reopen a file for editing, all

video files show as "Media Offline". I have a dell xps 8700 running i7

processor and an Nvidea gt 720 graphics card on windows 7 platform. I get

the "where are the files' prompt and must find all original files to place

back in the assets folder. audio file is present, but is blank.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 9:45 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: all video files are lost after saving publishing. when i reopen the file, all video is lost
              A.T. Romano Level 7

AngryPeacock

Thanks for the good news that the No Disk error was gone when you deleted or disabled the OldFilm.AEX file.

From your details, your other problem appears as a media project disconnect.

Let us see what of the following could apply to your situation.

When you import source media into a project, all you get in the project are copies of the originals which remain saved to the computer hard where they were before. But, the project must trace back to those original files at the hard drive save location where they were when they were imported into the project.

Did you move, delete, or rename any files and folders that were imported into the project after the project was saved closed? That is the major cause of "Where is the file _____?" messages. Another, reason for these messages is a drive letter change if the source files are stored on an external hard drive. It could also be some other external hard drive malfunction in that situation.

If you use the Outdoor Adventure Instant Movie, there are sections of the finished product which flashes on and off the missing media colorful display. We can discuss this further if you have used this Instant Movie.

Please review and consider, and then we will decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thanks.

ATR