6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 4:53 PM by Deano968

Indesign CC crashing

tarav13691113

Can someone please help? I recently updated Adobe InDesign CC 2015 on the Cloud and now I cannot open a single file without the program going to the spinning wheel of death. I have unistalled and reinstalled and still same error is occurring. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Indesign CC crashing
          Michael Witherell Adobe Community Professional

Have you also repaired permissions?

• 2. Re: Indesign CC crashing
            Deano968 Level 1

Hi there - did a search and nothing matching my specifics seem to crop up so I'll add to this feed for now...

I'm running OSX 10.9.5 on a 3,4GHz 2015 iMac. InDesign is bang up-to-date via the CC app.

I work off two screens which I find happy if I need to view or copy items across different InDesign files I'm working on. It may be a coincidence but it I toggle through the ID files I have open on my main screen everything is fine. However, if I move any jobs over to my second screen I don't have to do much for ID to crash. Its a bit frustrating as I'm often working from both screens so I can see two jobs at once making my life easier.  out there experiencing this or

Anyone else out there experiencing this or have a fix they can suggest?

Regards, D

• 3. Re: Indesign CC crashing

Did you google or search in this forum for the name of your video card?

• 4. Re: Indesign CC crashing
                Deano968 Level 1

I didn't but will. This as only started happening after the last upgrade, though I appreciate that could be a coincidence.

Would it be the main Mac or my supplementary monitor that would cause this issue?

• 5. Re: Indesign CC crashing

I was thinking it might be related to the video card driver software settings.

• 6. Re: Indesign CC crashing
                    Deano968 Level 1

Been busy - but this is still happening...

I can have any other program open on my supplementary screen and all is good (usually Acrobat, Word, or Excel). As soon as I try and 'split' InDesign windows to view one on my main monitor and one on the spare InDesign Crashes.

This is some of my Mac Spec:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB graphics

Processor  3.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F1112)

The additional Display is a DELL U2415

Does that shed any light?

Regards, Dean