9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2015 6:13 AM by A.T. Romano

Media Core CS 6

wollnik07

Guten Tag,

seit einigen Tagen erscheint bei mir (Windows Vista) sehr oft die Fehlermeldung "Adobe Media Core CS 6 funktioniert nicht mehr".

Ich habe CS 6 aber gar nicht installiert, sondern Photoshop Elements 10 und Premiere Elements 10.

Wenn ich >Media Core CS 6< unter >Suchen< eingebe, werden keine Ergebnisse gefunden.

Was kann ich machen, damit die Fehlermeldung nicht mehr erscheint.

Gruß

Reinhard

• 1. Re: Media Core CS 6
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Reinhard

What video card/graphics card is your Windows Vista using? Is your Windows Vista 32 or 64 bit?

Do you have QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 10? If so, please do the following for Premiere Elements 10 and QuickTime

1. uninstall it the usual Control Panel way

2. do a free ccleaner run through with its regular and registry cleaner parts

3. reinstall the program with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Then let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

Please see Robert E 1949's thread and report there https://forums.adobe.com/message/6504902?tstart=0#6504902

Anyway, the removal of quicktime (including the Plug Ins) and re-install did resolve my problem.

Please let us know if any of the above worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Media Core CS 6
            wollnik07 Level 1

Hallo Romano,

sorry,  my Engish is not so good.

Vista 32 bit,

Nvidea Geforce 7500LE

QuickTime is installed,

CCleaner: no erros.

The Problem with the erro message:"Media Core CS 6"only was written, after I have installed "Adobe Application Manager". I can not uninstall "AAM" again!

Greeting

Reinhard

• 3. Re: Media Core CS 6
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Reinhard

There is a known serious problem with Premiere Elements 10 when it is run on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

WindowsVista32.JPG

At this point, I am not sure to what extent this is a factor in the overall problems.

Have you done the QuickTime uninstall, reinstall as suggested earlier?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Media Core CS 6
                wollnik07 Level 1

Hallo,

i do not think ,that the problem error message CS 6 has something to do with the graficcart, QuickTime, or with my PSE/PE 10.

So far I had no problems.

Only after the installation of Adobe Application Manager  error message with CS 6.

I need help, how can I uninstall AAM again.

Reinhard

• 5. Re: Media Core CS 6
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Reinhard

Adobe Application Manager comes with the Premiere Elements install and with the other Adobe products that you have on that computer. The Adobe Application Manager is gone after you have removed all Adobe applications from your computer. It is not clear why you "installed" the Adobe Application Manager at this time and which version of it you used. I could  see if you downloaded it and "updated" what was already there. The Adobe Application Manager is needed for updates and other. Your question about "uninstalling" the Adobe Application Manager has been asked before....

Completely uninstall Adobe Application Manager

How Do I Remove Adobe App Manager--Not a CC Subscriber

Please check it out to determine if you find anything in those the applies to you.

From my perspective....The Adobe Application Manager.exe can be found on the computer hard drive (Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit)

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common FIles

Adobe

OOBE

PDApp

Core

and in the Core Folder is the PDapp.exe which is the file name for the Adobe Application Manager.

I see no entry for PDapp.exe or Adobe Application Manager application in the Control Panel Installed Programs.

What you might want to consider, renamed the OOBE Folder to OLDOOBE and download the Adobe Application Manager 9.

I would ask. Did you have the Application Manager installed prior to the CS6 incident? I assume you must have since it is required for program updates and installations. What version of the Application Manager did you install when the CS6 situation started? Typically you update the Application Manager rather than a new install.

As for cause and effect related to your CS6 message.....until known factors are ruled in or out, I am not convinced of what really triggered your CS6 message. Let us go back a few steps...

a. When do you get the CS6 message, what are you doing in the project, and can you click a "Continue" button to move forward in the project or are you blocked from using your project?

b. What was/is the NVIDIA GeForce driver version before and after the Application Manager was updated? What version of the Application Manager did you install - 9.0 or other?

c. Since there is at least one report of the CS6 message and solution related to QuickTime, have you uninstalled/reinstalled QuickTime yet? I suspect not.

d. Based on history, the known Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue cannot be dismissed....no matter what the timing is on cause and effect.

Please consider and then we will discuss this further. Please do not take anything for granted as to cause and effect.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Media Core CS 6
                    wollnik07 Level 1

Hallo,

thank you for your patience and help.

I have "QuickTime and "Premiere Elements 10" uninstalled.

The "AAM" is still there, but the error "Adobe Media Core CS6" no longer appears !

The "AAM" of course you can not uninstall, but delete. This is but too deficult for me.

Thanks Again.

Reinhard

• 7. Re: Media Core CS 6
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Reinhard

Thanks for the follow up. Sounds like major progress. Great job.

As your schedule permits, please let us know when you have your Premiere Elements 10 running well again without any unwanted messages.

I am still concerned about Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card. Hoping that you do not get involved in  that type of issue.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: Media Core CS 6
                        wollnik07 Level 1

Hallo,

durch Zufall habe ich bei >Download< einen Button gefunden:"Premiere_Elements_Media_Core_CS_6" !

Das war wahrscheinlich die Ursache für die Fehlermeldung.

Gruß

Reinhard

• 9. Re: Media Core CS 6
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Reinhard

Thank you for the follow up.

If you have any questions moving forward, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

ATR