• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am stuck in LR 6 Upgrade Hell

Advocate ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am stuck in LR 6 Upgrade Hell.  I have LR 5.7 running on Win 7/64 with a valid serial number, but I can't find the serial number anywhere.  I have installed LR 6, was using the free trial, decided to purchase the standalone version (not CC).  When I enter my purchased upgrade serial number for LR 6, I get a message that it can't find an valid product for upgrade and that I need to enter the Serial Number for LR 5--which I can't find anywhere.  However, when I go to the Lightroom registration screen in LR 5 it shows I have a valid serial number, but the number is "password hidden" so I can't see or copy the serial number.  Is there anything I can do short of disputing the charge of $79 with my credit card company and sticking with LR 5?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

OK, finally fixed this on my own.  After signing out of my Adobe account and then signing back in I was finally offered an option to license LR.    I must say this is the most obscure arrangement possible and not worthy of LR.  There should be a choice in the help menu to license the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally located serial numbers for LR 5 (and LR 4).  Problem solved, but what a screwy program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I would be OK now that I have the serial numbers.  While trying to fix the problem I uninstalled LR  CC and reinstalled.  My LR CC trial is expired, I want to put in my serial number for LR 6 standalone--but there isn't any way to do this.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, finally fixed this on my own.  After signing out of my Adobe account and then signing back in I was finally offered an option to license LR.    I must say this is the most obscure arrangement possible and not worthy of LR.  There should be a choice in the help menu to license the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines