7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 2:04 PM by Just Shoot Me

Lightroom 6 crashes during file export

kimsky5

If I choose more than a couple of files Lightroom 6 crashes during file export. The more files the greater the chance of it stopping working.

I have disabled the GPU usage and that has certainly improved the overall performance (?) but not resolved the issue.

Have the latest video driver from NVIDEA

Have the latest windows updates - Windows 7 ultimate

12GB of DDR3 memory - 10GB cache for RAW files

Water cooled CPU

All updates for Lightroom 6 installed

Nothing else crashes the PC

Lightroom uninstalled and reinstalled

Not had this problem with any Lightroom version from the very first one i.e. Lightroom

Will probably have to go back to LR5 if no-one else is experiencing this issue and Adobe do not find this a problem

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 crashes during file export
          dj_paige Level 9

One sentence says "Lightroom 6 crashes during file export"

Later you say "Nothing else crashes the PC"

So which is it? Is the computer itself crashing and a restart is needed? Or is it just Lightroom crashing, no computer restart needed?

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6 crashes during file export
            kimsky5 Level 1

Lightroom closes - Microsoft endeavours to find a solution online but without success. All else is fine. I restart Lightroom 6 and it's okay until I try to export too many files. If I just export 2 - 5 it's okay. If I try to export more than 5 it closes/crashes. I have now installed LR 5.7 and it exports all 41 files without incident. This conclusively proves to me there is a bug in LR6 since this has never happened to me before in any other previous version of LR and does not happen with earlier versions I have on my PC.

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 crashes during file export
              dj_paige Level 9

This conclusively proves to me there is a bug in LR6

I have to disagree. If NOTHING else has changed, then it is a bug in Lightroom. But I don't think that anyone has demonstrated that NOTHING else has changed.

So

Are you working with larger photos?

Are you exporting the photos at larger sizes?

Have you changed your export settings?

Are you running out of space on one of your hard disks involved in this process?

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6 crashes during file export
                kimsky5 Level 1

Generally I work with large RAW files, but for this work I am using jpegs at the largest/highest resolution setting.

I work with the original files and upon completion export them as full resolution jpegs and then again as compressed jpegs

Generally the larger jpeg files stop LR6 working more quickly - A few lower resolution ones at a time seems to be okay.

Export settings are unchanged - This is work I have been doing now for some Months - Prior to LR6

I have 4 HDs - 2 are SSD and 2 are Sata - The minimum space I have on the 3 that I use for storage is 165GB Free

The disk I am using to save these particular pictures has 922GB Free

All disks are regularly cleaned and defragmented

The previous 6 versions of LR have not given me this problem

I reverted back to LR5.7 and am able to save all files, large and small without issue.

• 5. Re: Lightroom 6 crashes during file export
                  olivers45338850

I have the exact same problem.  Spent all day with Adobe support to no avail.  Then I downloaded a stress test, ran the CPU at 100% and the system crashed after a few minutes - the exact symptom I had when exporting from LR 6.6.  So it's an overheating issue.  Not sure how to resolve this, except to export just a few images at a time and let it cool down in between.

• 6. Re: Lightroom 6 crashes during file export
                    dj_paige Level 9

Check your fans. Replace the ones that are not working properly.

• 7. Re: Lightroom 6 crashes during file export
                      Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

kimsky5 wrote:

Water cooled CPU

And at what speed do you have the system overclocked? Try slowing it down a bit and test.