3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 1:14 PM by ssprengel

DNG Converter

shylad1882 Level 1

I uploaded the DNG Converter but when I go to choose my NEF tiles to convert, they aren't shown.  Any idea why it is not recognizing them?

• 1. Re: DNG Converter
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Probably because you are opening the folder containing your NEF files, and you are expecting to see them listed. The DNG converter doesn't work that way. You simply select the FOLDER containing your files, and then the DNG converter will convert all of the raw files in that folder.

• 2. Re: DNG Converter
            shylad1882 Level 1

That's what I did. I selected the folder but still didn't work ... just got an error message =/

• 3. Re: DNG Converter
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Then they have been corrupted by using obsolete Nikon software, like Nikon Transfer for ViewNX.  Recopy the files from the card/camera to the hard-drive without using any Nikon software and see if you can get the DNG Converter to work, then.

Since you haven't said what camera and what DNG Converter, it's possible that you're using a DNG Converter that is too old to recognize the raw format.  What camera and what DNG Converter version are you using?