4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2015 1:26 PM by Peter Spier

Can't deactivate CS3

BobbyStanzowski

I am attempting to deactivate CS3 so that I can use it on another computer. I open it up and it goes to a software setup screen. The serial number I have has a green checkmark, but when I click next, it takes me to an upgrade check screen. I enter the exact same serial number and it won't accept it-it shows a red X. It tells me to select a product I own, either 2.0, CS or CS2, but I don't have any of those. CS3 is the only one I have. I did a support chat but they said they don't support CS3 anymore and to look here. I did a chat a month ago but they said that was only a "one time" thing.

• 1. Re: Can't deactivate CS3
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Just install it on the other computer. If you’re denied activation there should be a phone number to call.

If they give you a runaround, get a case number and let us know. We’ll see what we can do about finding you some help.

• 2. Re: Can't deactivate CS3
            BobbyStanzowski Level 1

I called 1-800-833-6687, went through the menu options and then the voice said they don't provide support for this product and to go online to adobe.com/getsupport, the same place I previously went. Therefore, I don't have a case number. I wasn't going to be installing this right away, it's an extra license for a later time.

• 3. Re: Can't deactivate CS3
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Then stop worrying about it right now. You haven’t said if you’re on Mac or Windows. New Mac versions are already unsupported and Windows 8 is a crapshoot. Windows 10 will be, too.

• 4. Re: Can't deactivate CS3
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Sounds like you are running the installer, not deactivating. To deactivate, go to Help > Deactivate... That's all you need to do if the program is installed. If it's no longer installed, don't worry about it until you reinstall, as Bob said. IF there is an activation issue at that time, you will be given a special activation phone number.