6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 11:31 AM by A.T. Romano

Trouble with Premiere 9 Download

itsmichellec

I am having issues installing Premiere Elements 9 from the online download. I cannot use the discs originally purchased since my new laptop does not have a CD drive.

• 1. Re: Trouble with Premiere 9 Download
          aksagarw Adobe Employee

please turn off firewall and antivirus while downloading and use the download link http://www.adobe.com/downloads/other-downloads.html .let us know if you still face the issue . are you facing issue in download or install ? please provide exact error snapshot

• 2. Re: Trouble with Premiere 9 Download
            A.T. Romano Level 7

itsmichellec

What computer operating system is involved?

If you have problems with the Adobe Other Downlaods link

Other downloads

please try the following, if you have not already

Photoshop Elements 9 / Premiere Elements 9 Direct Download Links | ProDesignTools

In this link, please read carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" in order to avoid Access Denied message.

If neither of the links provide for trouble free download and installation of Premiere Elements 9, please let us know with all the details (computer and other) so that we can customize the troubleshooting.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Trouble with Premiere 9 Download
              itsmichellec Level 1

I am using Windows 8. I believe the links are the same but I will try steps above with the firewall disabled .Thank you!

• 4. Re: Trouble with Premiere 9 Download
                A.T. Romano Level 7

itsmichellec

Thanks for following up on the troubleshooting suggestions.

These downloads typically require two files - .exe to extraction and 7z the program itself.

It appears to me that sometimes the choice for the .exe file is different. And, the .exe file is known to have problems with the firewalls.

I am not sure if both download links use the same .exe file. Maybe aksagarw, being from Adobe Staff, can comment on that matter.

Best wishes for your success.

ATR

• 5. Re: Trouble with Premiere 9 Download
                  itsmichellec Level 1

I tried the links but it downloads Premiere 13 on one (I tried this anyways thinking it might recognize the earlier version and direct me). The other links download but link 1 does not work. Link 2 unzips and Adobe Air installs but the setup file runs with no result.

I have an external hard drive. Can I save the install disks in files on this drive and connect it to install?

• 6. Re: Trouble with Premiere 9 Download
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

itsmichellec

Thanks for the follow up.

I suspect the Premiere Elements 13 download instead of 9 was due to a misinterpretation of the web site "Note: Very Important Instructions" in the link that I suggest if the other link did not work. In the link that I suggested, you go to Adobe from that web site to get authenticated. But you do the downloading of the installation files at that web site. Minimize the Adobe web site and go back to the web site where you started.....click on File 1, and then File 2 when 1 is finished downloading. Once those files get to your computer hard drive, click on the File 1 first and follow the instructions seen on your computer.

prddownoad 9.JPG

I will go step by step through the Adobe Other Download link to see what is going on with it. I am assuming that is the one involved when you wrote

The other links download but link 1 does not work. Link 2 unzips and Adobe Air installs but the setup file runs with no result.

Please let me know if that is necessary if you are going to take another look at the download choice that I pointed you to.

Thanks.

ATR