• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All I want is Lightroom 6 Standalone... How do I get a trial of just that one app for Mac OSx?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been through the site, read the forum posts and sent a message to support.

However, everything seems to lead back to the Cloud, which I cannot use as I have no access to what anyone would call reasonable HiSpeed. I also have no need of PS or any of the other Cloud Apps. I don't want the trial CC version as I have read stories of its install populating Launchpad with numerous unnecessary icons that lead nowhere but that are difficult to erase.

I simply want to download a trial of Lightroom 6 and ensure it works on my Macs (new MBPro 13" rd - Yosemite, and an older 27" iMac - Mavericks/soon Yosemite).

I spent hours last night trying find a link for LR6, standalone. I don't think it should be that difficult, nor do I think that links that portend to link to the standalone take me back to the CC version.

As soon as I am satisfied the trial works for me then I will be purchasing but this runaround is making it very difficult to do so.

This is very frustrating. I'd appreciate any help that you can give.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Please install it from the below link:

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Don't forget to follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTION.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Megha Rawat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Megha

I downloaded using your instructions. When I booted the program though it says Lightroom CC at the top, and I turned off syncing. Is it supposed to say CC cuz I want only the standalone lr6 app.

I also have 6 icons showing in my launchpad. I had read about this but didn't see a solution to get rid of them. Are they necessary and if not how do I get rid of them? All I want is the lr6 icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Please check the Private Message.

Regards

Megha Rawat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pm sent with screenshot of annoying adobe icons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines