Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Reinstalling Creative Suite 6 after hard drive crash

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rajshree,

i wish to reinstall my design standard package on my laptop. my hard drive was corrupted and i cannot access it to deactivate installation on the old hard drive. i have another copy installed on my windows tablet but need it on my workstation. i have all information as proof of my purchase, it was a disk installation and wish for the key to be reset so i re activate it on both machines.  really need the assistance, i have been waiting on customer care chat for approximately 24 hrs now. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Randi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a separate discussion.

Randi this is a public forum.  If you are facing difficulty activating your software please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care.  For additional information regarding the activation process please see Activate and deactivate Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright‌ im sorry but i really need help. i have spent all night with customer service and everything they said to do did not fix my problem (deleting host fie and replacing with empty host file etc.). i sent images of my receipt and other forms of proof of purchase and im getting no assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randi do you have a case number from your interaction with our support team that I can reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have 2 case numbers

case numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Randi I reviewed both cases.  I also reviewed Creative Suite 6 Design Standard serial number and activation history under your account.  You mentioned that you are receiving a message that the serial number is invalid.  Are you utilizing the installation files available at Download Creative Suite 6 applications?

I also am not seeing any recent activation history utilizing this serial number.  I would concur with case 0215990686 and if you are facing difficulties activating the software then please review Activate and deactivate Adobe products.

Finally did you migrate/transfer this installation to this computer?  If so then there could be corrupted licensing files which may be preventing any Adobe software from being seen as valid.  If this is the case please update this discussion and I can provide additional details on how to recover from this event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Jeff A Wright, i keep receiving a message that the serial is invalid every time i try to register my cs6 design standard. i installed it using my disk (i purchased a hard copy of cs6 design standard at my school) and i installed it on 2 machines, my tablet and also my workstation laptop. My laptop hard drive got corrupted so i replaced it with a solid state hard drive, but because it was corrupted i could not access it to de-activate the installation on the old hard drive. my serial has never given me problems before so i don't understand why my serial is giving me so much issues. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as im a new graduate and need to continue working on my portfolio and also need it to do work at my internship.

thanks for the assistance Jeff A Wright

Randi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you for the additional update Randi.  Please run any available uninstallers for any installed Adobe Creative software titles.  This includes Creative Suite 6 and Elements.  Once the uninstaller has been utilized then run the CC Cleaner Tool to remove the remaining, and likely damaged, licensing files.  Details on the use of the CC Cleaner Tool can be found at Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems.

Please feel free to update this discussion if you have any questions regarding these steps or experience any additional errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i will do that now and after i do the following steps, do i restart and retry installing creative suite again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not need to restart unless prompted Randi.  You may want to download a fresh copy of the installation files utilizing the installation files referenced in message #5 of this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i wont be able to use my original disk for installation? ok i will download the fresh installation file. i will update you in a bit after the reinstall. and thanks alot for the help Jeff A Wright‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to Randi but when I reviewed your serial number it was a retail license.  Just in case the optical media has become damaged I would recommend the fresh copy of the installation files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey Jeff A Wright‌, my product key isnt working still bro. can you take a look at my account or something? i contacted adobe about the issue again and its been 3 days now and i havent heard back from customer support. they didnt even send me an email with the case number or anything, all they said is they need to talk to the sr. department about it. luckily i wrote the case number down, i really hope you can help me out. thanks. the new case number was 0216051055. i really hope you can help me out, sry for the late email updating you on the situation, my internship has had me busy, this issue is holding me back for productivity tho. thanks in advance

Randi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randi in what way is the product key not working?  I am showing a successful activation on July 8, 2015 of your Creative Suite 6 serial number.  Are you receiving a specific error message?

The suggestions in your referenced case were to utilize the steps listed in Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later, Acrobat DC to resolve the connection error which may be preventing activation.  Have you tried activating more recently than July 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey jeff, yea i installed windows 8.1 (as my internship gives us a free windows 8 copy) and upgraded to 8.1 i accidentally did a clean install and now im getting the error again. I took a screen shot just now so i can show you the error so you can see it for youself. im sorry for coming with the same issue (im not the most computer savvy individual) but can you help me out? thanks for replying btw and also being such a big help.

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randi I have removed your screen shot containing your serial number.  Please be aware this is a public forum.

The serial number you posted is the same as the one under your account and is valid.  If it is not working with the downloaded installation files then please use the retail installation files provided with your purchase.  I would recommend also making a back up if you are successful as the serial number may be tied to the installation files you were provided as part of your purchase.

If you continue to face difficulties then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care.  You are welcome to reference this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015-07-07 16:24 GMT+03:00 eye4_detail <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Re: Reinstalling Creative Suite 6 after hard drive crash

created by eye4_detail <https://forums.adobe.com/people/eye4_detail> in *Downloading,

Installing, Setting Up* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7727486#7727486>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, my bad. thanks, also should uninstall and reinstall using the cd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Randi. When reinstalling from the CD/DVD you will be given the option to input the same serial number.  If it continues to fail there may be a corrupted licensing file which our support team can assist with the removal of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Jeff A Wright‌, i tried to reinstall using the dis installation and i am still getting the same error, the serial number is recognized as invalid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for update Randi.  I would recommend contacting our support team directly the link can be found in message #1 and 16 of this discussion.  Please feel free to reference this discussion when contacting our support team.  If you can also update this discussion with your case number I would be interested in reviewing the results of the interaction and the final resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jeff A Wright‌, i have contacted the customer support line twice and i still havent been able to hear back from them for more than 3 days now. i recieved no new case number but still have the original cases pending. Im not getting much assistance via customer support or live chat.

case number are as follows

Case #0186832428

Case #0216031838

case numbers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Randi.  Case 0186832428 is currently awaiting your response. I reviewed your account and it appears that the only contact information available is via your gmail.com account.  If you can please update the case with your contact information.  Karan attempted to contact you on 7/17/15 but did not have a phone number to reach you at.

If you would prefer to send me a private message I would be happy to update your contact information with your phone number and let Karan know that your contact details are now available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Randi. I have submitted a request for you to be contacted by Karan or another member of our support team at the requested time.  I have referenced this discussion in addition to case 0186832428.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.  I am confident that with direct one on one support the current installation issue will be resolved.

I did take one last look at the serial number registered under your account and it is valid.  Please don't hesitate to contact me via private message if you continue to experience difficulties Randi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Jeff, thanks alot for continueing to help me, its greatly appreciated, i just wanted to notify you that i never got the call yesterday and if i should look out for the call this evening?

thankfully,

Randi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines