I've had a similar problem. Are you adding text via the new on stage text field editing? If so could you try inspecting you code in Chrome Developer Options? My experience is that the new text field injects "​" or a Zero Width Space into your text, and I'm curious if this is the case here too
Ps apparently you can only see these injected codes in Chrome dev options
I did add the text using the text feature in Edge Animate. Just two of the six menu items show the weird characters. The rest are fine. I tried to use smaller fonts and change the size of the text frames, but it did not solve the problem. I cannot see the text field codes since they are imbedded in the EA file.
Try previewing your file in Chrome and press f12 to open up the dev options. When you select the troublesome text with your mouse, the code the browser sees will highlight in the dev options. If you can spot your text in that window, you can see if something else is in your textfield
Thanks for the instructions. I can open the developer tools in chrome, but I cannot see any of the actual text which is causing the problem
Hmmm I don't get that. Oh well, your problem could also be down to charset then.
Your problem just sounds a lot like mine. You can see my "bugreport" here:[BUG 2015.0] Multiline textfields gets a "zero-width space (​)" injected
There are also a few screenshots of how it looks in dev options.
Perhaps someone else has another suggestion
Thank you for you help. I was able to solve the issue. Not sure exactly what I did, but kept adjusting the text frame size and backspacing in front of the text and deleting at the end of the text to make sure there were no hidden characters imbedded in the EA code. Then, through a series of trial and error steps kept updating the EA OAM file into Dreamweaver.
Glad you solved your problem!
And I'm definitely gonna try out if your solution works for me too
Right now I'm back on 2014.1 but would love to be able to use the newest version.