2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2015 7:00 AM by sadasdasdasdsxdercfr

Latest Edge Animate Javascript animation Engine?

sadasdasdasdsxdercfr Level 1

Mine is more a question to the improvements made to edge animate in the last 2 years. Javascript based animation in Edge used to rely on Jquery, which we know is slow. Since removing the dependency on Jquery, I am wondering what javascript engine is being used for animation? Is it something adobe wrote? Does it work across many browsers (i.e. predictable results)? Does its performance (speed) compare with the likes of greensock (GSAP).

Thx!!

• 1. Re: Latest Edge Animate Javascript animation Engine?
          MichaelNovia Level 1

Adobe doesn't seem compelled to communicate with this community at all, so it doesn't seem likely we will get any insight to the runtime and tweening tech. It's not a production tool by any means at this point, and this is partially why. Browser support is pretty good, and performance varies greatly (as to be expected). Greensock is considerably faster, and is smaller. If you're looking to make usable production animation, don't bother with edge animate.

In a perfect world, they would trash the runtime and go full-in on canvas. Or at least provide an option to output a usable data format to then be used in a legit pipeline such as Greensock.

• 2. Re: Latest Edge Animate Javascript animation Engine?
            sadasdasdasdsxdercfr Level 1

Thanks for the rely that is all very helpful! Such a pity, I really need a

GUI based animation tool I can make templates with for more non technical

artists and animators to tweak and work with/build upon. Potential of

animate seems so great. Maybe one day