4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2015 6:07 PM by hlr678

Audio waveform: why is mine so small?

hlr678

I am trying to sync up some audio with my animation in After Effects. I have used After Effects for a little while, but mostly just with a track playing in the background. This time I actually have recorded speech that needs to be synced with the animation. When I reveal the audio waveform to help with this, the waveform is so small (even when zoomed in on the timeline). I am finding this frustrating as I cannot really see it, and it makes it difficult when trying to pinpoint the start of specific words, etc. Yes, I am able to hear the audio (using decimal on the num pad or scrubbing through) and set markers, but I am finding it hard to get things as exact as I would like when I can barely see the waveform. When I have looked at other screen shots and videos, the size (depth?) of the waveform is so much greater and easier to see. Any ideas about why mine is so small, and how to make it bigger? Here is a screen shot of my tiny, tiny waveform (even zoomed in). P.S. Pay no attention to the .mp3 above it. I know I should not be using mp3s, but I accidentally imported the wrong file. I haven't deleted it yet because I am lining up some markers I created in the mp3 with the wav file.

aftereffects_small_waveform.PNG

P.S. Pay no attention to the .mp3 above the .wav file. I know I should not be using mp3s, but I accidentally imported the wrong file. I haven't deleted it yet because I am lining up some markers I created in the mp3 with the wav file.

P.P.S. I should specify that I am using Adobe After Effects CS6 (on a PC running Windows 8.1, 64 bit).