6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 7:51 PM by Bani Verma

Creative Cloud application will not launch

tharpfrommo

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application and have attempted several suggested remedies on this forum.  I spent several hours with Adobe Support (Case# 0186578776 ) to no avail.  I still am unable to launch Creative Cloud.  Running Mac OS X, version 10.9.5.  Just recently tried to upgrade to CC 2015, but still nothing.  Please help. 

• 1. Re: Creative Cloud application will not launch
          Bani Verma Adobe Employee

Hi,

As you have informed that creative cloud did not launch, i have checked the case notes of Case number you have mentioned.

If i have understood it correctly the Icon of CC app appears and within seconds it disappears. Please Confirm.

Awaiting your response,

Bani

• 3. Re: Creative Cloud application will not launch

Hi,

Please follow the below steps :

1- Shutdown your Machine.

2- We need to reboot the machine in Safe mode hence follow the steps in this link : Start in Safe Boot mode | Mac OS X

3- Launch the Creative Cloud app here go to settings wheel > preferences >  click on Signout

4- Sign Back in and try to update or install an app from here

5- After that restart the machine in normal mode without pressing the shift key

6- Try launching Creative cloud again and check

This should help resolve the issue, awaiting your response.

Regards,

Bani

• 4. Re: Creative Cloud application will not launch
              tharpfrommo Level 1

Bani,

The application launched successfully in safe mode.  I logged out and signed back in.  When I rebooted, the same thing happened again.  This time, the app icon in my tool tray appears for several seconds and when I mouse over it I see the spinning rainbow wheel.  Then it just disappears.  Please note that I removed the contents of OOBE folder under Library\Application Support\Adobe\OOBE based upon the instructions on this forum.  I do not see anything in that folder now.

Thank you for your assistance.  I am hopeful we can resolve this issue soon.

Steve

• 5. Re: Creative Cloud application will not launch
                tharpfrommo Level 1

Bani,

Just to be clear, I removed the contents of the OOBE folder before I submitted this issue.  It was the last thing I tried before submitting my own forum issue.

Thanks.

Steve

• 6. Re: Creative Cloud application will not launch

Hi,

If the OOBE you have trashed was in /Library which is a system library then you CC app will not work.

We will have to clean remove CC app and redo the installation.

Please follow the steps to clean remove it:

1- Force Quit all Adobe related processes from Activity Monitor (eg- Creative Cloud, Core sync, CC library, Adobe Desktop Services, Adobe IPC broker, Adobe Crash daemon etc.)

2- Go To: Finder > Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installer > Uninstall Adobe Creative cloud ( if having trouble uninstalling it Trash it )

3- Go To: Finder > Applications > Utilities > ( Delete these two folders - Adobe creative cloud and Adobe Application Manager )

4- Then run the cleaner tool to remove creative cloud and Adobe Application Manager ( if still left in machine )

5- Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.

6- You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( " Do not miss ~ symbol " )

~/library ( It will open User Library folder. )

7- Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe> trash OOBE folder and AAM Updater folder as well

8- Again > Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.> You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key./library ( It will open System Library folder.)

9- Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe> trash OOBE folder and Adobe Application Manager

10- Run Adobe Cleaner tool. > If present, Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-pr oblems/_jcr_content/main-pars/…

11- Click on the below link and download Creative Cloud Installer file and use the same to install the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/osx10/CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg

Regards,

Bani

1 person found this helpful