5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 11:26 AM by A.T. Romano

Why does my Premier Elements program stop rendering/saving when it gets to 98%?

J_The_Third

I've been trying to get the same video out of my computer for months. Every time I try to burn a disc or "render and save" it as an MP4 file, Premier Elements gets to
      98%" and stops dead. Then I get "this program is not responding" error messages.

What am I doing wrong, and how to I correct it?

I'm running an HP Envy computer with Windows 8.1

and Premier Elements 13.1

I've also had it thoroughly de-bugged by the computer experts where I work, so I'm assuming that's not the problem.

I just want to get this darned video burned onto a disc by any means possible, and out of my computer before the nice

people from the mental health clinic have me "taken away," a babbling, shell shocked wreck.

• 1. Re: Why does my Premier Elements program stop rendering/saving when it gets to 98%?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

j_The_Third

What is described is typically the consequences of not dotting the i's and crossing the t's in  this "project good deed".

How Do I Change Frame Rates In Adobe Premier-Elements?

1. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and remove the check mark next to the preference named "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)". Does the burn to disc go to completion successfully after you do that?

2. What did you decide to do....burn to what....? Did you go AutoPlay or include disc menus.

3. If you tried a burn to disc DVD (DVD-VIDEO on DVD) or burn to disc AVCHD (AVCHD on DVD disc), see if you can get the burn to Folder (4.7 GB) to complete successfully. Keep away from burn to ISO Image.If this approach works for you, I will give you instructions on how to take the saved folder contents (either VIDEO_TS Folder or BDMV Folder) to disc using the free ImgBurn program.

If all else fails, then we are going to need to dig deeply into video properties and project presets and places on the Timeline that might have gotten messed up.

Then its time to download and install MediaInfo for video and audio properties readouts. http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

I would prefer to avoid having you download that program, but let us see if anything above saves us from doing that.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why does my Premier Elements program stop rendering/saving when it gets to 98%?
            RCFehr

#1 option worked for me. Unchecked hardware acceleration and now saving on device worked for me. was freezing at 98% mark.

Rob

• 3. Re: Why does my Premier Elements program stop rendering/saving when it gets to 98%?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Rob

Thanks for reporting what worked for you (Hardware Acceleration preference setting adjust) to resolve your Premiere Elements burn to disc issue. Were you, like the originator of the thread (j_The_Third), using Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 8.1 64 bit?

Whatever the case, thank you for reporting your results which are helpful to those reading this thread looking for solutions Premiere Elements burn to issues.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Why does my Premier Elements program stop rendering/saving when it gets to 98%?
                RCFehr Level 1

Hi.

I just found this thread during a search when I had the 98% problem yesterday.

Adobe Premier Elements 14.1 - just purchased a week ago $68.95 to avoid using GoPro Suite.

Dell XPS 17 laptop, 8 GB Ram, 2.2 Ghz

Windows 7, sp1, 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

Older laptop, so still a little sluggish at times when viewing video during edit, but not too bad. Maybe there's a fix for that too, but haven't looked yet.

Thanks,

Rob

• 5. Re: Why does my Premier Elements program stop rendering/saving when it gets to 98%?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Rob

Thanks for the additional information.

We could discuss 14.1 workflow in your own new thread including

a. properties of source media

b. project settings, automatic versus manual

c. scratch disks settings

d. Timeline rendering

e. computer optimization

f. other

Our goal would be to define the source of the sluggish behavior in relation to any of the above.

Sounds like you are doing great in developing your best possible workflow.

Best wishes. We will be watching for your progress and be glad for the opportunity to help with any Premiere Elements problems if needed.

ATR