5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 11:44 PM by jerob8845781

How to delete numbering betweem sentences

jerob8845781

Hi, how do i delete the numbering between the sentences. i search everywhere, and still did not find the answer. Im working with large document here.so deleting one by one is not an option. thank u.

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: How to delete numbering betweem sentences
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

I think you are used to work in a wrong way.

Consider, there are several no-goes when you work with text and layout programs, not only in InDesign, but also with Word, Quark Xpress, FrameMaker and others.

1. Never use 2 return to force space between paragraphs. That is what you have done. Use instead space before and after in the used paragraph style.
          2. Never use more than 1 normal space to force space between letters, use tab characters or fixed spaced instead.
          3. Never work with manual text and object formatting. Use always styles: Paragraph Styles for text, Character Styles for specific design or language properties inside a paragraph, Object Styles for frames, Cell and Table Styles for tables. I don't know, if you have used styles, but I strongly recommend to do so.
          • 2. Re: How to delete numbering betweem sentences
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

As Willi says, the problem is the extra empty paragraphs being used for spacing.

You can use the GREP tab in Find/Change to remove them:

Find (\r)(\r+) and replace with $1. You can add the Space After in the Change Format section, or redefine the paragraph style that is used for the list to include it, if one is defined (the better method of adding the spacing).

• 3. Re: How to delete numbering betweem sentences
              jerob8845781 Level 1

thank u for reply.

1. i dont really understand this point. sory. if you could explain it a  little

2. i never used more than single space in anyting. i normally use indent.

3. thank u, but i always start with paragraph styles for text.

i Still dont know how to solve my problem.. help me..

• 4. Re: How to delete numbering betweem sentences
                Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

jerob8845781 wrote:

thank u for reply.

1. i dont really understand this point. sory. if you could explain it a  little

2. i never used more than single space in anyting. i normally use indent.

3. thank u, but i always start with paragraph styles for text.

i Still dont know how to solve my problem.. help me..

Delete the paragraphs without text and numbers. Never use paragraphs without text, or other words, never use several returns in a raw to force space. Correct the used paragraph style.

2 + 3 I mentioned only to complete the no-goes.

• 5. Re: How to delete numbering betweem sentences
                  jerob8845781 Level 1

thank u so muchhh. i just figure it out. thank u..i feel so stupid right now. now i can continue my works.