8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2015 1:21 PM by hen3ry

Creative Cloud menu bar icon won't go away

netnothing Level 1

OS X Yosemite 10.10.4

Creative Cloud menu bar icon has a 1 next to it.  I open CC app and it shows no updates.

Thoughts?

-Kevin

• 1. Re: Creative Cloud menu bar icon won't go away
          netnothing Level 1

Nevermind......after opening and closing about 5 times, it finally showed an Illustrator update.

-Kevin

• 2. Re: Creative Cloud menu bar icon won't go away
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

There is also an update to the CC desktop app. I got a notification of it this morning.

• 3. Re: Creative Cloud menu bar icon won't go away
              netnothing Level 1

Happening again this morning.  Came down to computer to see a 1 in the menu bar icon.  I open the CC app and no updates.

-Kevin

• 4. Re: Creative Cloud menu bar icon won't go away
                netnothing Level 1

OK let me clarify what I think is happening. The icon that is displayed in the menu bar with the number one next to it is the Adobe icon, the large letter A in a box.   When clicking on the icon the drop-down says last checked 2 AM and has an option to open updater.  When I open the updater it launches the creative cloud application. I see no update when the creative cloud application launches.

So what I did this morning was reboot my Mac. After my Mac rebooted the icon was not in the menu bar anymore. I then manually launched the creative cloud app.  Once I launched the creative cloud application the icon in the menu bar was no longer the Adobe icon it was now the creative cloud swirl icon.  With the creative cloud app running I now was notified that there is an update to Dreamweaver so I installed the update.

It seems that maybe this is the old Adobe application manager running the checks at two in the morning?

-Kevin

• 5. Re: Creative Cloud menu bar icon won't go away
                  netnothing Level 1

Same thing happening on my MacBook as well.  Really the entire updating process is crap Adobe.  This CC app is garbage.

Hadn't turned on my MacBook for a few days.  Woke it up and had the A logo in the menubar with a 2 next to it.....now knowing it was Illustrator and DW.  Of course I open the app and only Illustrator available to update.   Have to reboot my machine to get the app to see the DW update.

-Kevin

• 6. Re: Creative Cloud menu bar icon won't go away
                    hen3ry Level 1

Same here, with OS X 10.10.4 (Yosemite).

The number on the menu bar to the right of the stylized "A" icon and to the left of the  sort-of infinity symbol of CC, denoting number of updates waiting was "1" for several days, but I could find no updates available.

Today,I noticed the number increased to  "2".  When I opened the Updater, the "2" was repeated in the Updater window as the number of updates waiting.  I found only one update actually waiting, for AI, which I applied successfully.   Back to "1" in the menu bar, but --again-- I could find could find no update waiting.

Took the hint from the thread above and rebooted.  This uncovered the second update, to DW, which I successfully applied. 

Hmmm, after rebooting, the stylized "A" icon is no longer visible on the menu bar, nor the number of updates waiting -- only the CC badge, under which I found the update waiting, no prob.  

I guess the extension (?)  behind the "A"  generates the menu-bar number (of waiting updates).  Maybe there's a conflict between the two?   I'm not actually sure what the "A"-badged task actually does, but this data suggests it may be more harmful than good.  (So, what DOES it do?)

HTH

• 7. Re: Creative Cloud menu bar icon won't go away
                      netnothing Level 1

Good to know I'm not alone ;-)

I think the A is the old Application Manager that I think they are phasing out, because clicking on it and opening the updater just launches the CC app.

Hopefully it's just a bug in the initial release of 2015.  Pain to have to reboot just to see the update and get rid of the damn icon!!

-Kevin

• 8. Re: Creative Cloud menu bar icon won't go away
                        hen3ry Level 1

Misery loves company?

OK, then, I won't worry about reviving the Application Manager.

Buggy?   My experience so far:  the recent 2015 releases of AI and DW on MacOS are significantly more unstable than their predecessors, even with an update a few days ago , so it would be no surprise that the management app is buggy.

Henry