4 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2006 9:17 PM by Newsgroup_User

Adjusting font weight?

Mark754
      Hi, I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this question, but since I'm using Fireworks, I'll ask it here.

Is there a way to adjust font weight when entering text that will be used to create a graphic (besides the bold command, that is)?
      I'd like to adjust a font to be a bit heavier than it is bolded - somewhere halfway between standard and bold. I know that with CSS you can adjust weight in 10 increments from 100 to 1000, with 400 being standard. Is there any way to do something like this in Fireworks?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Adjusting font weight?
          Level 7
          Mark754,

Try doing a copy and paste of the text and then playing with the opacity
          of the copy.

alex

Mark754 wrote:
          > Hi, I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this question, but since I'm
          > using Fireworks, I'll ask it here.
          >
          > Is there a way to adjust font weight when entering text that will be used to
          > create a graphic (besides the bold command, that is)?
          > I'd like to adjust a font to be a bit heavier than it is bolded - somewhere
          > halfway between standard and bold. I know that with CSS you can adjust weight
          > in 10 increments from 100 to 1000, with 400 being standard. Is there any way to
          > do something like this in Fireworks?
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          • 2. Re: Adjusting font weight?
            Level 7
            and/or use the strong antialias option on either just the text or the=20
            copy below

Alex Mari=F1o wrote:
            > Mark754,
            >=20
            > Try doing a copy and paste of the text and then playing with the opacit=
            y=20
            > of the copy.
            >=20
            > alex
            >=20
            > Mark754 wrote:
            >> Hi, I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this question, but=20
            >> since I'm using Fireworks, I'll ask it here.
            >>
            >> Is there a way to adjust font weight when entering text that will be =

>> used to create a graphic (besides the bold command, that is)?
            >> I'd like to adjust a font to be a bit heavier than it is bolded -=20
            >> somewhere halfway between standard and bold. I know that with CSS you =

>> can adjust weight in 10 increments from 100 to 1000, with 400 being=20
            >> standard. Is there any way to do something like this in Fireworks?
            >>
            >> Thanks.
            >>
            • 3. Re: Adjusting font weight?
              Mark754 Level 1
              Thanks for the tips.

The copy and paste suggestion leaves the edges a bit jaggy, no matter what opacity and antialias setting I use on both copies. But the strong antialias works pretty well.
              • 4. Re: Adjusting font weight?
                Level 7
                Yes, I can see that now. - alex

Mark754 wrote:
                > Thanks for the tips.
                >
                > The copy and paste suggestion leaves the edges a bit jaggy, no matter what opacity and antialias setting I use on both copies. But the strong antialias works pretty well.