1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2015 1:20 PM by gkaiseril

I need to create a purchase order form with sequential PO numbers?

laurent93465062

I need a field on our purchase order form to automatically update to the next number each time it is opened.  From what I have read, I can accomplish this using a Java Script, unforunately I don't know how to write one myself.  Is there a generalized script that can be assigned to this field so this is accomplished?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Lauren

• 1. Re: I need to create a purchase order form with sequential PO numbers?
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

One needs to evaluate the user inter action with this form. To be able to use JavaScript the form must be accessible to the users who will fill it in along with some external support PDF files. One then needs to have a control file that is tracking the updating of the PO numbers and is incremented by each time the form is opened.

See Acumen Journal August 2004 and the resource file Global.Zip. This is a very old article and has not been updated for security changes to the global object. You can learn about the changes in the Acrobat JavaScript API Reference and make the necessary adjustments.